2nd Trimester
Options

Please Help!!

Ok - this might be TMI but I don't know what to do. My hemorrhoids are AWFUL!! I've had them in the past but never this severe. It started this a.m. after going to the bathroom. What can I do to alleviate the pain? I don't have a tub (small apartment, shower only) so soaking is not an option. It even hurts when I walk much less do anything else that relates to this sphincter muscle :-( 

I probably spent too much time on my feet today (I've heard this could aggravate them) but really got caught up registering for my little one.I will take any and all recommendations please. Thanks ladies!!

Re: Please Help!!

• Options
    Oh yeah - my cream isn't working either...
  • Options
    I'm sorry :( that can be very painful. You could get a sitz bath basin from your local pharmacy. That might help.
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MJC1116 said:
    I'm sorry :( that can be very painful. You could get a sitz bath basin from your local pharmacy. That might help.
    A basin from the pharmacy? Ok - will check it out. I'm afraid I won't even be able to go to work tomorrow (office job) b/c I can barely get off the sofa!!
  • Options
    SItz baths are amazing.  I got one after my last baby was born and they are awesome.  They sit just inside your toilet and hold enough warm water to soak yourself.  Witch hazel pads, frozen, and then worn inside your undies (you'll need a liner) are also amazing.  That, and suppositories. GL!

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    SItz baths are amazing.  I got one after my last baby was born and they are awesome.  They sit just inside your toilet and hold enough warm water to soak yourself.  Witch hazel pads, frozen, and then worn inside your undies (you'll need a liner) are also amazing.  That, and suppositories. GL!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Definitely try the sitz bath, with water as warm as you can stand it. Also get Tucks pads, tuck one around your hem, and leave it in place for a few minutes. These things should help make you more comfortable while you continue taking the suppositories. Good luck!
  • Options
    Well ladies this is Day 2 of not being able to work. It hurts to sit, stand or walk. I've tried it all - tucks, cream, spray & most recently suppositories. The only thing I haven't tried is the sitz bath & that's cause no one carries the damn thing - Walmart, CVS even grocery stores (my poor boyfriend has been all over the place buying things for me). I'm waiting to hear from the Dr for perhaps a script or I'm going to urgent care hoping to lance this thing or rubber band it. Something so I can go back to work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"