Cloth Diapering
Options

I missed Friday Fluff so…

petitmonstreepetitmonstree member
edited January 2014 in Cloth Diapering
Here is DS in two of his diapers we've tried/used so far. A Nicki's Pocket and a prefold with a Rumparooz NB Cover. I don't think I posted the Rumparooz one.

Ignore my terrible iphone photos. I took pictures on my camera but I haven't bothered to even upload them yet.

We've been using prefolds and covers lately but I decided what the heck, I'll try a one size on him again and see if it's fitting any better. I tried a BG 4.0 on him last week but it was too loose in the legs. Surprisingly enough no gaps in the Nicki's! It's bulky but it fits and he pooped and peed in it and no leaks at all. :D Since that worked out I decided to throw on the BG again and what do you know, no more gaps! It's amazing how much they grow in the span of a week!! At his last appointment he was weighing just over 8lbs, not sure how much he is now but I'm assuming around there still.

We'll see if he leaks in the BG or not, he's sleeping right now but the fit seems pretty good. It's not as bulky as the Nicki's. Then I plan to try out a Sunbaby size 1. If these pockets work for us and no leaks it will make nights SOOOO much easier for right now because it's a pain dealing with prefolds, him moving, and being half asleep in the middle of the night lol. We were actually considering buying another box of disposables because of it but I decided what the heck we'll try a couple one size today just to see. Although I think we might get a small bag of disposables for when we're out until the one size aren't as bulky on him.

Wish us luck with the Sunbaby and BG lol!!

ETA: Omg after looking at these two pictures near each other you can see he's gaining weight! The nicki's was taken today and the rumparooz was taken a couple days ago I believe. My memory is so bad now lol. But yeah, crazy! He's already losing that just born, newborn look. :(

Re: I missed Friday Fluff so…

• Options
    You can def see more chunk in the 2nd pic in his legs. It really is amazing how quickly they grow. Adorable!!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was looking at them to see how cute and tiny he is, and I could totally tell he's older in the nickis one. His face looks more filled out. Precious.
    That's exactly what I noticed! I was like wait what, he's gained that much in such a short time?! lol

Thank you everyone! So far cloth is going great. DH actually enjoyed changing his diapers last night and said "It's not as hard as I thought it'd be," and he actually likes using the prefolds with the snappi unlike me lol.
  • Options
    He is just so beautiful!

• Options

and he actually likes using the prefolds with the snappi unlike me lol.
    Gasp! Someone else who doesn't love prefolds on a little baby?! Let's be friends!

They are cheap and not that difficult to use. However, I really do prefer my AIOs, pockets, and fitteds. Especially, my simplex!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    petitmonstreepetitmonstree member
    edited January 2014
    @SecretAgentKate Lol I do admit they contain everything and work great but they're such a pain imo! I think it'd be a little less annoying if he was older and his poop was more solid and I could just trifold but now, nope! But I'll use them because like I said, they hold it all in lol.

@kklamb10 Yes that was me lol. I've been keeping him covered with a cloth wipe during changes and it helps not get pee everywhere but I still can't wait for the day he's not peeing at almost every single change though! :P

ETA: Forgot to mention the BG worked out great! No leaks at all. :) I just tried a Kawaii OS on him (regular square tab/ultra soft) and surprisingly it fit him pretty well. It actually fit him better than our Sunbaby size 1. The Sunbaby size 1 are still too big around the legs on him. Hoping those will fit in a couple weeks though. But yeah the Kawaii is bulky but tight enough in the legs. I'm honestly surprised how soon that one fit. No leaks either and he had a pretty wet poop with that one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"