November 2011 Moms

Say their own name?

Can your LO say their own name? I took DD to a MyGym class today and was surprised that all of the other children could say their own name to introduce themselves! DD recognizes her name if you say it or if she sees it written but she doesn't say it. If you ask her who she is she say "Me" or sometimes "eyya (Cinderella)"
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Say their own name?

• Yes, but she always says Mimi (her nickname) instead of Mia.  
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Like yours, my LO understands his name (and his nickname). When I try to have him say his name, all he gets out is "Ma". But he's not a big talker right now. Most of his words are just bits.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS can say his own name. However you have to ask him to introduce himself. He doesn't just say "My name is..." Also He thinks he's saying our last name but it sounds more like "minions" when he says it.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• No, DS1 doesn't say his name, though he knows it.  It is something we are working on in speech therapy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • She can say her name, but tends to introduce herself by her nickname because when she says "Liliana" people don't always understand her.  "Lily" is much easier for people to understand.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • DD uses her name a lot, as in "DD do it", etc.  She doesn't use "I" or "me" yet.  I wasn't sure how she would react to an "introduce yourself" thing, but to test it, I asked her what her name was and she responded correctly.  (But in a crowd, I'm not sure she would...)

She did go thru a phase where she thought her name was "you" because we'd show her pictures of her and say "that's you!" so for awhile when people asked who she was, she'd say "you".  Ha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • It took a while but she does now -- she used to say so many other peoples' names before her own! ha
  • e_cruiz said:
    DS can say his own name. However you have to ask him to introduce himself. He doesn't just say "My name is..." Also He thinks he's saying our last name but it sounds more like "minions" when he says it.
    Haha. That's too cute.
  • Noah says his name, but I'm not sure if he would introduce himself or not.
  • DD can say her nickname when you ask her what he name is. I don't think she would know how to introduce herself though if asked.
  • DS will say "I'm Jonah *last name*. Nice to meet you." He also uses I, me, mine, you, yours correctly. Which surprises me.
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • DD say's "Wosie". 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD uses her name a lot, as in "DD do it", etc.  She doesn't use "I" or "me" yet.  I wasn't sure how she would react to an "introduce yourself" thing, but to test it, I asked her what her name was and she responded correctly.  (But in a crowd, I'm not sure she would...)

She did go thru a phase where she thought her name was "you" because we'd show her pictures of her and say "that's you!" so for awhile when people asked who she was, she'd say "you".  Ha!
    All of this, exactly, for Ava too!

- Ava -  11-29-11

- Violet -  10-9-13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"