2nd Trimester
Options

Stretching pains?

Hi,
I'm 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby (little boy) and for the past few days I've had uncomfortable period type pains around my lower abdo, back, and sometimes the tops of my thighs! Midwife said it's normal as it's just baby stretching out and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to ease the aches? I'm a nurse on a neuro trauma ward so it's not as though I can rest for long periods of time as my job and lifestyle are pretty active, I've found myself taking to my bed in order to ease them haha! I'm not too worried as the pains disappear every night then reappear every afternoon (obviously baby just making room) but seriously nobody tells you how uncomfortable it can be!

Thanks in advance xx

Re: Stretching pains?

• Options
    Hi! I'm also 18 weeks and having some serious stretching in my lower abdomen and hip flexors. I've found that actually making some time to stretch has helped. I've been doing online barre3 exercises, but any yoga/pilates/ballet stretches would work. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Oh good I'm glad to hear that it's normal, I'm going to try swimming today so hope this helps, will let you know :) thanks x
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having similar pains, and they are pretty uncomfortable at times!  What's nice though, is that for me, they come with a few pokes and flutters from the baby :) I am also trying swimming this week, as well as regular yoga.  I'm going to ask my instructor if there are any stretches that can help.  Have any of you taken something like Tylenol for the pain?  
  • Options
    I'm not sure what Tylenol is? I'm in the UK, can I get that here? This is my first baby so I'm just worried about everything too, plus it was an unexpected pregnancy so I'm just getting used to all the changes, I'm 22, just qualified as a nurse and got a good job, and met a lovely man so everything had fallen into place :) but it's just all change, I just hope it all carries on so well :) when are you all due? Do you know the sex? Xx
  • Options
    carolinecutiecarolinecutie member
    edited January 2014
    The UK equivalent is Paracetamol. 

:)

IAmPregnant Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Acetominophen, good stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ahh I've had paracetamol, our equivalent! But I'm glad to say the swimming really helped, OH is on nights so no back rubs! Thanks for all your help though :) xx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"