Nurseries and Baby Gear

Stroller Help!!

I am going to be a new mommy and i have started doing my research on strollers/cart seats etc.. I would like to find one that is stylish but also turns into a car seat if possible.. I would love to get some help on what brands are good, sturdy along with good looking..Can anyone offer some online sites other than this one. Thank you so much!

Re: Stroller Help!!

• No stroller turns into a carseat that I know of. There are pleanty of infant car seats that attach to strollers though. Am guessing this is what you are refering to. Are you planning to use an infant bucket seat as the first carseat? If so, would go to a store that carries them and compare to see which you find easiest to carry (some are super heavy, others are not so bad), and how the latch in and out of the base feels to you. That decision then helped us to significantly narrow down the strollers within the budget DH had set for me for both the carseat and stroller (more of an ideal pricing guideline).

While you're there, would test out strollers with the prefered carseat (Buy Buy Baby has gallons of water in that area to put into the carseats or strollers to give you a better idea of how it'd feel with the seat plus child; don't know about other stores & may have just been a customer who dragged thr gallon over there from another department).

Finally when it comes to the stroller, how do you intend to use it? Are there special circumstances (such as tall parents, wanting light weight, ease of fold....) That influences the type and brand.

I first went with a Baby Jogger City Mini (regular), and now have their City Mini GT (however still have a wandering eye for the other strollers that I see around) and we have a 2nd hand snap n go style stroller. Car set wise, we have a Graco Snug Ride 35 & was happy enough with it that we replaced it with the same seat after got into car accident with LO when she was 10 months old. Am still using it at 13 months (but my child is a light weigh; know people that were moving onto the next seat around 3 to 6 months), is fairly easy to install with or without the base and the one we got came with the strap pads & infant insert (you shouldn't use any after market add ons between the seat or harness and the baby since they haven't been crash tested with the seat ... somthing I didn't know prior to beginning my research).

I used Baby Gizmo & watched a lot of their reviews & comparisons of specific strollers & comparisons, the stroller manufacturers websites, and for carseats would join the Facebook group, Carseats for the Littles (watch the postings for a week or two & you'll learn a lot).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The only stroller/car seat that I know of is this one: https://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=77956&refsku=67232

But it is intended for travel, and would be a pain to instal all the time. My guess is that it wouldn't be considered stylish or maneuver very well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Let me just add that if you have a smaller trunk space, I know babies r us will let you take the strollers out to your car to make sure they fit into the trunk. You'll either have to take an associate with or leave a drivers license, but it's definitely worth it.
  • YummeeCookeeYummeeCookee member
    edited January 2014
    As far as "stylish," I like our Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat. It comes in all sorts of color options; we got a pink one. Its also is compatible with a few of the popular stroller brands, so you can snap it right on. Most importantly though, it gets great safety ratings. You can get it at any of the typical retailers, BRU, Target, etc. You'll probably have to order online though as stores dont always have all the color options.

BabyGaga

• I loved the Chicco Keyfit for the carseat. Then you can buy the keyfit 'caddy' so you can just place the seat in this lightweight caddy and it is your stroller.

Check out the website weeSpring for great product reviews and comparisons by users.
    www.wee.co/cbaby

Good luck!
  • dmurriedmurrie member
    edited January 2014
    The only warning I give about Chicco is think about if/when you're planning on having child #2. As of now, they do make a double infant stroller, but they do not make a sit n stand. Both baby trend and graco make double infant strollers and sit n stand strollers. Not sure about some of the other brands. We have a 3yo and are expecting again, so we thought a sit n stand would be nice... but then we found out it's twins, so I think we'll end up with some sort of double stroller with a buggy board or something like that.
  • dmurrie said:

The only warning I give about Chicco is think about if/when you're planning on having child #2. As of now, they do make a double infant stroller, but they do not make a sit n stand. Both baby trend and graco make double infant strollers and sit n stand strollers. Not sure about some of the other brands. We have a 3yo and are expecting again, so we thought a sit n stand would be nice... but then we found out it's twins, so I think we'll end up with some sort of double stroller with a buggy board or something like that.

Joovy and Safety 1st Sit n Stand Strollers work with Chicco. Chicco actually is one of the better brands as far as stroller compatibility. If we had planned on 2 so close in age I would have gotten a Chicco.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I love my Uppa Baby Cruz. We have a Chicco Keyfit 30 that snaps into it. It has a regular seat too. It is really light, but has all the features of a full stroller and a great basket underneath. I would check out Baby Bargains book and also go into BRU or BBB. Both will take the carseats to your car and you can test drive the strollers as well. It is all about lifestyle. For us I chose mine because it stands up flat folded and is a narrower base and lightweight. We live in the city so this is important to us. I skipped the snap and go bc my stroller has an adapter to snap into. 
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards