Adoption
Options

Those Who Blog - Updated

MileHighMaamMileHighMaam member
edited January 2014 in Adoption
How did you make the decision to blog about the process?  I have had a blog for many years, I am torn about whether or not I want to blog about this journey.  Part of me feels it would be a good outlet for me as well as it informs our friends and family that all live far away what is happening.  

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014

Re: Those Who Blog - Updated

• Options

I was already blogging, it was just another way to keep people updated what was going on. Plus it was just another way to let people know in case they knew someone who wanted to make an adoption plan.

What are your concerns?

• Options
    I've had a blog since I found out I was pregnant with my oldest and now that we're adopting, I've continued to blog and naturally much of what I write about now happens to be about adoption.  Blogging is also an outlet for me and, yes, it's a great way to stay in touch with friends and family, and not just for those who live far away.  There's a lot I write about that doesn't come up in everyday conversation.  Now that we're adopting, adoption blogs have been a big resource for me, and in turn, I hope someone can learn from our experience.  Plus, I think our blog has been helpful for friends and family who aren't familiar with adoption to understand what we're going through.   
    Son #1 - September '09
    Son #2 - October '11
    Son #3 - Hoping to adopt from China some time in 2014!

Our adoption journey: Talkin' 'Bout the Next Generation
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been going back and forth on this. I haven't been keeping up on my blog the last year and this seems like the perfect opportunity to kick it off again since I do miss it. But I'm kind of nervous about it.

I will say that when I had some serious health problems a couple of years ago, putting updates on the blog was very helpful. Not really for me emotionally, but so that I didn't have to answer the same questions over and over again. So if it's something you plan on talking about anyway, I think it's the way to go.
  • Options

What are your concerns?

I think my concerns are mostly around how Social Workers and matching teams perceive it, if they find out about the blog.   I know there is a lot of confidential information and I would never post anything like that but I wonder if this is taken into consideration when matching.  Most blogs I've seen regarding adoption are focused on international or DIA I haven't seen any regarding foster to adopt and I wonder if there is a reason for that.  
  • Options
    I blog- but haven't blogged about the adoption. Once we are finalized I'm going to retroactively blog our story.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I started a brand new blog, seperate from others, totally focused on the journey to parenthood. I am careful to not put anything too public about our kids now that we have a placement. No photos, names, etc. The blog was a healthy way for me to get through a lot of the stuff on my mind. It is such an emotional journey. It is now a great way to keep all those supporting us now updated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Update:  I talked to H and I posted my first adoption related blog post yesterday.   It is here if anybody is interested.
  • Options
    Yup... I blog! Started back when we started the process... it was a way for me to get out our thoughts and feelings. We decided back in September to hide all of the previous posts from the year because of a personal reason, but now we are back at it. The hubs doesn't blog, but I blog our feelings. I don't know who reads the blog - I have found it actually thrilling to watch other bloggers go through this process and I cheer them on and when baby arrives I am so happy for them. So, that's why I do it! 
    Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• Options
    We JUST started blogging.  We don't have much up yet.  

image   image   image
    TTC since 2010 | 3 miscarriages | Diagnosed with stage IV endo | Adopted our little girl Aug 25, 2014

image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"