May 2012 Moms
Options

Any one still bfing?

Lucas still is and we are still happy with it. He nurses in the early morning and evening everyday and somedays no more others a lot more. He eats very well and uses a cup no problems.

Dh thinks he's getting too old but I've flat out told him I'm not weaning until cold and flu season is over. But honestly I'm not sure if we'll be ready by spring :( we'll see.

How are you doing if your still bfing any plans to wean? How does dh feel? How do you feel?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled

Re: Any one still bfing?

• Options

(Raises Hand)

I'm still nursing. I wanted to wean by 18 months, but that came and went. Now I'm giving myself until 24 months. I love the bonding time but I'm about ready to be done. I nurse at lunch time and at bedtime and at least twice a night. The reason we haven't weaned yet is because DD is dependent on nursing to fall asleep at night and throughout the night. I was supposed to be working towards sleep training but that hasn't been too successful. I just feel helpless.

DH is fine with her nursing but he does think it's a little weird now that she's older, but he would never ask me to stop. We couldn't handle CIO so I sometimes feel stuck with nursing.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    We are still bfing here, too. Mostly only before bed and naps on the weekend... But also some random times on the weekends and while I was off from work over the holidays. She started sleeping through the night without MOTN nursing sessions about a month ago... As long as she sleeps, I'll nurse indefinitely :)
    TTC #1 Since 01.2010 | Cycle 19: BFP 09.17.11 | Baby girl born on her due date 05.23.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are still nursing too and have no plans to wean. DD still nurses about every 2 hours through the day and 2-3 times at night. We bed share so the night feedings don't bother me unless she won't go back to sleep. DH is very supportive and calls it her instant attitude adjustment. She eats great and uses a cup no problem so it's not causing any problems. Our plan now is to wean on her time. Our original goal was 12 months.
  • Options
    Still nursing here as well. Usually only twice or three times a day. I have been extremely blessed that Fifi sleeps through the night and hasn't needed a night feeding in over a year. My goal was 12 months and I would have felt okay if I only made it 6 but I'm totally over the moon that we may make it to 24 months. No plans on weening just yet, going to take it as we go and see who wants to ween yet. My husband is proud of me and want weening to be my decision (though I'm sure he he wouldn't mind when my boobs aren't under temporary ownership of the kidlette. Ha!)

• Options
    We are still nursing too. I'd say at least 3x a day (always before nap and bedtime). DH is very supportive. I am hoping that DD self weens, but if she doesn't, I don't think I'll nurse past two years.
  • Options
    GromMomGromMom member
    edited January 2014
    Still nursing here, he is night weaned but only if dh sleeps with him, I slept with lo the other night and he literally nursed for comfort continuously for 5 hours and slept on me to make up for lost time! I'm hoping to wean by 2, but since lo nurses to sleep I don't know how successful that will be!
  • Options
    Oh yeah I wanted to add Lucas doesn't nurse to sleep at bed time but does nurse twice a night again! I'd love to night wean but not sure how to without waking the whole house!
  • Options
    We still breastfeed. I started cutting back at the beginning of December so now we only nurse three times a day. First thing in the morning, before nap and before bed. Somehow it wasn't until I started doing this that she finally slept through the night and has been ever since. Had I known that when we started to wean that that's when she would start sleeping through the night I would have done it sooner. Could be a coincidence I guess. 
    I'm super nervous about weaning anymore than what we already do because she nurses to sleep and in the morning if she doesn't get her morning "coffee" she flips out. It was so funny, the other day DH got her out of bed and she started playing at first and I thought wow maybe today is the day we start eliminating the morning nursing. Soon enough she started flipping out so I nursed her and while nursing her I told DH how I thought she was going to not need the nursing soon. Just then DD unlatches and says, "no, mine." and continued to nurse. We couldn't help but laugh but then thought oh no we are going to have a problem.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Options
    Yup, we're at just twice a day. Before bed as part of the bedtime routine and in the morning. LO is also a cranky monster if he doesn't get his morning nursing. We're actually leaving him with the in-laws for the weekend this weekend, so that should be interesting. I've been away for the weekend before, so I know he'll be fine, just a bit cranky in the morning.
    No real plans to quit soon, I want to get through flu season and then I plan to start going to "Don't ask, don't refuse" until he's 2 and then full cut off at 2. Hoping he'll wean himself. He's starting to show signs of doing so. A few nights he's stopped nursing and then asked for a sippy cup of milk. So I think we can eliminate the night time nursing w/ little drama. The morning nursing though...
  • Options
    Still BFing here. Usually after every meal. I would have weaned a couple of months ago, but I've been too lazy to deal with the tantrums.

• Options
    Still BFing (and 39 weeks pregnant today with #2). She usually only nurses after her nap in the afternoon and if I'm not around she doesn't have any problem snuggling with Daddy instead. My goal was always 2 years but we'll see what happens when #2 arrives. I really like nursing her through cold and flu season.
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">

imageimage
  • Options

Still BFing (and 39 weeks pregnant today with #2). She usually only nurses after her nap in the afternoon and if I'm not around she doesn't have any problem snuggling with Daddy instead. My goal was always 2 years but we'll see what happens when #2 arrives. I really like nursing her through cold and flu season.

That's awesome! I know a few moms that tandem bf and love it! I only made it to 12 months old and 12weeks along with my second and third boys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"