2nd Trimester
Options

Update: Braxton Hicks?

deedee830deedee830 member
edited January 2014 in 2nd Trimester

Spoke to my midwife and she thinks it was just BH and believes the pressure I felt may have been the baby pushing down. Haven't felt anything like it since and I've since heard the little one's heartbeat and as of today am feeling kicks!! YAY!! She asked me to let her know if it happens again, but at this point she isn't worried.

Thanks to all of those who responded.  :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think I may have had one, just one, this morning.

It was a tightening of my uterus for a short while and a feeling of pressure on my pelvic floor, like I had to use the ladies room for number 2. Maybe 30 seconds, maybe a bit longer. I didn't think to time it because I was so caught off guard by it. If it was just the uterine contraction I wouldn't have doubts, it's the feeling of having to "go" that's throwing me off.

I'm 17w5d and I didn't experience anything like this with my first. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Update: Braxton Hicks?

• Options
    cMichelle0423cMichelle0423 member
    edited January 2014
    I had BH starting at 16 weeks with my last PG that lasted the rest of my PG... I'm 17 weeks & 2 days now and have been experiencing BH again for the past week or so. As long as they don't start getting regular and more painful, there isn't anything to worry about. But if you do happen to feel worried, don't hesitate to call your OB/Midwife.
  • Options
    Mine started around 18/19 weeks. Yesterday at my appointment (now 22 weeks) by nurse and doc said it was a little early for those and it meant I either was dehydrated or was doing too much. I was told to up my water intake and stop trying to do everything. She said if i had 3 in an hour i was to go home, put my feet up and drink a big glass of water. if i had 3 more take myself to LD. It's nothing to be concerned about if its one or two here and there but mention it at your next appointment so they have it documented.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got them around19/20 weeks with DS and this time I started getting them this week (15 weeks ). My Dr said that 20 weeks was a bit early to get BH so this time around I was surprised to get them now ! Good to know were not alone !
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All our babies :) xoxox

• Options
    I started having Braxton Hicks around 16 weeks and I get them alot now.  When I talked to my doctor she said that I will have them because of my uterus stretching and growing soo fast with twins.   I have monthly ultrasounds and they check my cervix and it hasn't really changed it yet! 
    BabyFetus Ticker

TTC SINCE 7/2010, BFP-10/2010 ended in miscarriage 11/2010 : (.....
    Progesterone level 4/2011= 11.29. SA normal. HSG normal.
    8/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 35,
    10/11 Clomid 50mg =BFN progesterone level 31,
    11/11 Clomid 50mg=BFN progesterone level 12,
    12/11 Clomid 50mg=Progesterone 31
    01/12-Break from meds-BFN
    Feb-cd3 blood work FSH(5), AMH(0.56) 02/12 Break....
    03/01/12-Clomid 50mg with IUI #1=BFN.
    04/01/12-Another round of clomid with IUI#2=BFN.
    5/8/12-Diagnostic Laparoscopy-found minimal endometriosis and small fibriod.
    June and July-much needed break
    August-Bravelle 75 with IUI#3- BFN
    September-Bravelle injects with IUI #4-BFP!! MC 10/7/12 : ( Sonohysterogram-Normal
    December- Bravelle(3 good follicles & E2 1252) with IUI#5 BFFN :*(
    July IVF #1- BFP! : )  Beta #1-245, #2- 703, #3- 1655, #4- 3553 YAY!  Praying and Praying this one sticks around!
                      1st U/S scheduled for Aug 23rd!  
    Twins!!
    We are having a BOY & a GIRL !!

• Options
    I had one just last week at 17 weeks I felt it in my back, pelvic, and thighs it was a sharp sensation I couldn't move it lasted a few secs afterwards I went straight to my Doppler and checked my babies heartbeat.. haven't felt it again or I would have went to a hospital they did concern me I was born premature so I am very careful
  • Options
    I've been having them for a couple of weeks now. Currently 22 weeks.
  • Options
    I started with BH once every other day or so since like week 18ish. As long as it's not painful and eases up quickly and/or when you change position, my doctor said there's nothing to worry about with them. I find it happens the most in the morning when I am the most dehydrated and using my ab muscles to get out of bed. Certain things like that can exacerbate them.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• Options
    This is my second and I started feeling them at the end of 18w. I'm now 22w. It's not often but I didn't get them this early with my first. I hope this doesn't mean they'll get stronger as the weeks go on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"