3rd Trimester
Options

Why do a lot of moms just suck on here?

2»

Re: Why do a lot of moms just suck on here?

• Options
    Puppies and rainbows. First world problems. PS I think you should pull your head out your ass and grow a pair.
    Freedom of speech. True story. PS I rule as a mom

• Options
    I enjoyed reading this.  :-*
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    while there are occasionally some bristly responses, honestly this forum used to be much worse if you can imagine. I took a 5 year hiatus from the negativity.

Whenever you post on a big public forum like this, you have to keep in mind that the people generally respond off the cuff, rather than thinking about how it might affect the poster, or they just don't care, because they are insulated from you in real life.

Thus, I would keep the frame of mind that people are responding in their internet personalities, rather than how they might treat you IRL. If you get several negative responses in a row, take a few days or a week off, and brush it off. There are bound to be some people who won't respond that way, and it's supposed to be for fun, so try not to take it too seriously, if that makes sense?

• Options
    SEMaddoxSEMaddox member
    edited January 2014
    I'm truly sorry that you're too dense to realize why you're getting flamed. It must be hard going through life in such a fog.

Especially if it's a marijuana fog... :-O

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    There's no shortage of snarky people on here. You get to know what they are snarky about and you get used to dealing with them. It's definitely a take it or leave it situation and no one would blame you if you stopped visiting the site.

I think a post like this is very helpful tho in making the site tolerable for yourself. Anyone who has responded defensively obviously self-identifies as being one of the ones you may have been talking about. You certainly didn't call anyone out. I think you can block responses from specific people...?
  • Options
    OK.  On the off chance this isn't MUD…

You can't expect that people are going to respond well to someone who smoked pot while they were pregnant.  And yes, according to your post in July, you KNEW you were pregnant and continued to smoke.  The women on this board are, for the most part, amazing mothers.  Thats why when they get a free moment, they choose to come on here and connect with other mother, give support, seek advice, etc.  THey want to get even better.  THey take parenting very seriously.  Seeing someone who cared so little about their unborn child that they took drugs while they were pregnant is just not going to go over well.  You just can't expect it to.  
    I really think another board, like baby gaga would be better for you.
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Options
    Don't ask stupid questions and there won't be issue. Ok, you smoked pot when you first got pregnant. But if you expect everyone to tell you that your baby will be perfectly healthy and not suffer long term effects, we can't. We're not doctor, scientists or can't see into the future. Don't ask questions if you only want one response. There's also been inconsistencies throughout your posts.
    Thanks for letting us know what you think about the bump though, we'll be sure it's flowers and butterflies in the future. Bye bye.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    @Katieebuug what is your estimated due date according to your doctor and sonograms? When was the last date you smoked?
    imageimageimage

• Options
    If you don't like what my post is about, that's fine, don't read it. 

Again, if you don't like what I'm saying, excuse your self.

Wow, that's some great advice!! Like, super!! Try it sometime, mmkay?

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options

Sorry, I don't speak acronym. 

No, just "compiter."
  • Options
    I've experinced nothing but rude women, acting all bad behind their compiter screens. This was rated #1 on some website, I think it might have been Forbes (sp), & I am really just shocked as to how? I have ran into few decent moms. Other than that nothing but being judged, all because I've smoked a little pot before & had legitiment questions? Isn't that what these kinda boards are for, questions? & discussing real life issues? That have to do with our children? Cause if it's about judging and being a complete and utter b!txh, count me out. I've got enough b!txh to go around, don't get me wrong & you're not hurting my feelings, but I've got better things to do than be an internet thug & being a badass behind my computer screen. 

ttfn. :*
    *Corrected for those of us who took English in school.

On TB, I've experienced nothing but rude women who act rudely behind their computer screens. Although this site was rated #1 by Forbes, I do not understand how. I have run into a few decent moms, but mostly I've just felt judged because I have previously smoked marijuana before and had questions about it. I was under the impression that was what these kind of boards were for- questions and discussing real life issues that have to do with our children! If this board is about being bitch, please count me out since I have enough bitch to go around. You're not hurting my feelings, but I have better things to do than be an internet thug and pretending to be a badass behind my computer screen. See ya!
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• Options
    Someone is hormonal and needs ice cream lol. Just take a breath....
  • Options
    I've experinced nothing but rude women, acting all bad behind their compiter screens. This was rated #1 on some website, I think it might have been Forbes (sp), & I am really just shocked as to how? I have ran into few decent moms. Other than that nothing but being judged, all because I've smoked a little pot before & had legitiment questions? Isn't that what these kinda boards are for, questions? & discussing real life issues? That have to do with our children? Cause if it's about judging and being a complete and utter b!txh, count me out. I've got enough b!txh to go around, don't get me wrong & you're not hurting my feelings, but I've got better things to do than be an internet thug & being a badass behind my computer screen. 

ttfn. :*
    You don't speak acronym?
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"