October 2014 Moms
Options

Advice From Oct13 (Gif Style)

edited January 2014 in October 2014 Moms
Hello future October 2014 moms! The infamous TB October 2013 wolfpack thought we should lend you all some helpful tips for your 9 months of pregnancy and life once baby arrives. You might also receive some helpful advice on how to get the most out of this board. 

FUTURE O14 MOD: I, the O13 Mod, made this sticky so it stays at the top as women get their BFPs and start joining.  I think you can un-sticky it.  If not, just let me know.  ~ @Kimbo1216

imageimage    

Re: Advice From Oct13 (Gif Style)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    More love from Jan13. Some pretty good advice up in this thread!

Also, I love that the BFPs haven't even begun for Oct14 and a bunch of other BMB ladies have already invaded.
  • Options
    Dead.

Congrats O14 Ladies!!!!

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• Options
    Amjoy25 said:

and just because this is my favorite gif ever.  

Balls! I've been watching this for WAY too long! DEAD.

I also found myself bobbing my head and smiling.

• Options
    KerCo51KerCo51 member
    edited January 2014
    Congrats O14! Not much of a GIFer, but I wanted to post my advice based on some mistakes I made. 

1. Enjoy your pregnancy.  No matter how uncomfortable you are, many of you will miss being pregnant after it's over.  

2. Don't listen to the horror stories.  Everyone will want to tell you how awful their birth story was.  This doesn't mean you are going to experience anything like this.

3.  Prepare for the first few weeks.  Having an infant is exhausting.  Organize your baby gear to make it easiest for you.  Also, take any help that is offered.  You don't have to do everything yourself. 

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• Options
    ksimo6ksimo6 member
    edited January 2014

Babywise is not child abuse - but feed your kid when he/ she is hungry for God's sake!

And a a cold turkey sandwich is not going to kill you or your baby.  Eat it. 

Be reasonable about what advice you will follow from books, the internet, etc and you will be fine.   Your baby WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!  Trust me.  My child gets pissed about three things... shitty pants, hunger, and being tired.  We figured that out week one...and I didn't read it in a book. 

Congratulations!  Enjoy this journey!

#neverlearnedtogif

#promisetolearnforbaby#2

• Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Welcome ladies!
    Congrats on your BFP!
    imageimage
    imageThe Bump will be your best friend for information, a laugh, support, and entertainment.  You will have several fights on here, cries on here, laughs on here!  Just remember that it is all in good fun and you will either love it or hate it!

and don't let pregnancy stop you from pole dancing if you pole =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo octoberowls_zps78dd2214.png

May Siggy: Baby in disguise

photo photo1-1.jpg
  • Options
    CrinitaCrinita member
    edited January 2014
    Congratulations Oct 14 bumpies!

There will be threads on what to pack for the hospital/birth center.  I spent hours packing and repacking a lot of crap that I didn't even think about using.  Here's what I actually used (birth center).  Water, chapstick, phone, hair tie, nightgown for delivery (short dress style), and stretchy comfortable nursing friendly clothes for post-delivery.  All baby needed was a few diapers, a onesie, socks, hat, receiving blanket and car seat.  Dad brought his phone, phone charger and camera, and really that was all he needed.  When I unpacked my bag weeks after the birth (ain't nobody got time for that!) I was shocked at how naive I must have been for putting items like massage oils and magazines in my bag.  Yep, nope.  So my contribution to the advice is:  DON'T OVERPACK.  Focus that energy instead on cleaning your house now, or on resting. 
    Also, even though some of you will be puking your guts out soon (raises hand, yep, that was me too, and you have my utter sympathy) and that last month is a bitch, enjoy your pregnancy.  Because it will fly by, and the next thing you know you will be giving advice to the Oct 15 mommies and feeling all nostalgic and weepy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    photo fallinginlove_zps8333e154.jpgimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"