May 2012 Moms
Options

First Dentist Visit

DD had her first dentist appointment this morning and to my surprise did fabulous! No cavities and they were even able to "clean" her teeth. She still doesn't have her canines yet and no sign of them emerging anytime soon - I'm dreading those. Have any of you taken your little ones to the dentist yet? How did they do? 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

Re: First Dentist Visit

• Options

We've been twice already - first for a checkup because she already had all but her canines at 12 months and DH and I both have cavity-prone teeth.  She screamed the whole time.  The dentist was able to check her teeth and make sure everything looked okay. 

The second time was an emergency visit when DD fell and cracked one of her front teeth.  A dental tech had to help me hold her still to get an xray and I had to physically lay on top of her to hold her down while they gave her the novocaine and pulled the tooth. 

Somehow, I don't think her next dental checkup is going to go over well with her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD will go with me to my next check up which will be in February. I don't anticipate her to do as well as your LO, she hates having her teeth brushed and it's usually pretty short lived, awkward battle even though we've been trying to do it consistently for over 5 months now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    He's been twice. He did great both times! I thought for sure he would try and bite the dentist. Haha.
  • Options
    We went at the beginning of December. I was surprised that he sat still for the quick little cleaning they did and didnt complain one bit. We have to go back for the checkup because the dentist was stuck in traffic due to bad weather and DS was getting restless, so I asked them to reschedule that for me. Hopefully it goes as easily as the cleaning did..
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"