C-sections
Options

Bleeding

I am 5 weeks postpartum and have been bleeding a brownish dark red since I had my c section. Yesterday it started gushing bright red blood almost like period blood. Could it be that I'm having my period? Or is it still afterbirth bleeding? Should I call my doctor? Thanks in advance!

Re: Bleeding

• Options
    I was told if it went from brownish back to bright red to call the doctor.  
  • Options
    I was told it was normal unless you have pain and or clots. But I think a call is always good if you are concerned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would give the doctor a call. I was told red blood or clots were concerning. It could be your period, but a call isn't a bad idea, just to be safe.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    Mine did this with my second.  I was over doing it.  Once I slowed back down and started resting more, it went away.  I highly doubt its your period if you are BF (could be... but unlikely).  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"