April 2014 Moms

HDBD!!!!!

Re: HDBD!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • AprilMay9 said:

@mamafantastic I'm very curious to see that.... Are you going to have surgery to correct it? That happened to my friend who had twins and she did enough pt to close the gap enough that she didn't need surgery.

This pic is far less adorable than the upright clothed one, that's for sure!

This is me, lying down, picking my head and shoulders up as if I was trying to do crunches... and you can see the guts just spilling out of my big abdominal gap.

I'll ask my OB about it. I haven't read anything yet, so I'm woefully uneducated about the implications of split abs after the baby exits. We'll see... I'm sure I'll be posting about it if/when I have an update!

• ksulli said:
    @mamafantastic- baby is standing on your spine & pushing towards your belly button. There's no other way. It's such a compact bump, but sticks out so far...
    seriously!!  people comment all the time how i'm only pregnant in this little 12 inch diameter portion of my body.....  but within that little circle, i am REALLY PREGNANT.  holy cow!

the not so glamorous real explanation (theory, really) for why i'm like this is that my abs have legitimately split about 5 or 6 inches at this point.  if you want to see a freaky picture of the evidence of this, i can show you a bare-belly shot of me lying down and trying to sit up on my own by tightening my abs and not using my arms to help.  my guts just explode from this vertical stripe in my belly where i literally have nothing but my skin and fat to hold them in place.  i'm pretty sure this is why i'm just ALL belly right now...  baby is literally jutting out of my abdominal cavity and everything is pushing forward because there's very little holding it in.  i actually am going to bring up the question to my OB on tuesday when i'm in for my 30w appt (they think i'm a week farther along than i really am..  but i'm right with my dates!)
    Maybe that's why my belly is so big too. My belly looks huge right now and the same thing happens to me when I sit up. I see you're measuring behind though, so I guess that's not the same thing. Maybe I just have a huge baby.  :-S
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • homershippohomershippo member
    edited January 2014
    I don't know what pic I chose but, here's 23w (last week) with DD1 and baby #4!!
    And then for some reason it's not uploading my pic. :(
          imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• J&NL said:
    I've seriously wanted to comment on every one of these previous photos about how freaking adorable everyone looks! Instead, I'll just make it a mass "holy crap super cute mamas on our board" statement! 26w yesterday. I hurt?! Edit: typos
    I love your hat! I wish I could pull one off. Every time I wear one I feel like I look like a condom. 
    Ha! Thanks! My sister knits them, so I have a huge collection. They're pretty much my go-to in the winter for day 2, 3, 4 hair...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • AmyV416 said:

Just started week 28! Yay 3rd trimester! I took a pic the day I found out I was pregnant so I would have something to compare my bump with as I go along. SeeIng this from week to week proves to me our bodies are incredible!

At first I just saw the 'before' picture and was all GTFO TROLL but then I calmed my tits and saw the 'after'. Haha whoops
    Hahahaha! Oh no trust me, there is very much a baby in there.......I love that I used to be one of those girls that was all "oh my god im so fat and bloaty." Whole new love respect for this body.
  • AmyV416AmyV416 member
    edited January 2014
    khammond3 said:

27 weeks

I lovvvve your top! Very cute.
  • @Lindsay808 Yummm! So jealous. =P~
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"