August 2013 Moms
Options

night crew check in!

Evening folks!

I hope the sand man comes and sprinkles everyone with sleep dust!

QOTN: what kind of conditions must you have in order to sleep?

I need the tv on. I can't sleep in complete dark and silence. My imagination is much too active and I can't stop thinking of scary things. I also need the door closed. Unfortunately I'm going to have to get over that once we put LO in her crib...

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: night crew check in!

• Options
    I used to be picky about my sleep situation. These days, heck I can sleep sitting up with LO attached to my boob.

LO fell asleep before seven so I took a little half hour nap. Then he had a bad dream so we were up again. Wishing the sandman comes and visits everyone tonight.
  • Options
    These days, I need nothing- I literally fall asleep 3 minutes after I'm in the bed! I used to need darkness and quiet- but these days as long as I'm not about to fall out of the bed or off the couch I can nod off in no time flat- sometimes even sitting up.  I'm the life of the party these days. 
    Pic Monkey Collage 1

baby development baby development
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both boys are in bed and I'm relaxing with a bowl of ice cream. Our pedi sent us to a cranial repositioning place and we had that consult today. DS2 measured in the severe range for plagiocephaly (basically a really flat crooked noggin) so we'll be getting a helmet for him in the upcoming weeks.
    One of my girlfriends daughters had the same thing so I'm feeling surprisingly comfortable and good about the whole thing after seeing her positive experience. Even a little excited to paint something cool on it.
    QOTN: I need a bottle of water within reach and a night light on in the adjacent room- not in our room because then it's too bright.
             image         image
  • Options
    I'm the exactly the same.. I need the tv or some sort of noise, or any crack or noise I hear I freak myself out. The door for our room has to be open.. Just so we can hear DS. Other than that, I can fall asleep in seconds now
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • Options
    So tonight is K's first night in his crib. He's doing great! Me on the other hand.. I'm super sad and currently residing on his floor. I'm slightly pathetic.

QOTN: I need it dark, cool, no socks,.. I wouldn't mind cuddling K all night.. But DH needs to not touch or breath on me while I sleep. Haha
  • Options
    I need music or the tv on. Also i cant be wearing long pants or high collared shirts i feel claustrophobic if i wear those to bed. Also i cant sleep if i get to hot so i sleep cold with one blanket.

• Options
    Whoever said sleep begets sleep was full of shit. LO has slept for 18 of the past 24 hours. It's going on 11 o'clock and I feel like I'm losing my mind. Why won't she sleep when I need her to?!

For me to sleep (recently) LO has to be sleep. Even if H is up looking after her I can't actually get back to sleep. It's really annoying.
    I also have to have some sort of white noise, usually a fan. And I have to find THE perfect position, which takes a while and drives H bonkers.

• Options
    I used to fall aslee watching tv, but H hates that and we decided to keep TVs out of bedrooms. When we lived downtown I loved the sounds of the expressway we lived near, but when we moved to the burbs it was so quiet. It freaked me out. now I require SILENCE. no tv, no fan, and no light. I love my blackout curtains.

I like cool cotton sheets and a down alternative comforter, 68 degrees, usually no pillow, on my tummy, loose cotton pj pants with a soft fitted T, no socks, underwear is a MUST! I'd prefer if H slept in the guest room. I like the initial cuddling before bed, conversation and sexy time...but once that's all over id prefer to be alone!!! (He snores sometimes and is a bed hog).

Not that I'm picky or anything.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options
    It's past 11 and instead of sleeping LO is learning to roll the other way in a fit of absolute hypeness. I was trying to give him a massage and get him to unwind but since he's learning I am happy.

It takes a long time for me to adjust to a new sleep situation. My ideal is a large bed with a firm mattress in a cool, pitch black room, sandwiched between a couple of warm dogs. I like to cuddle with my partner before sleep but I like my space while I sleep. It took me a few months to get used to sleeping next to LO with a night light on.
  • Options
    Currently nursing reed for the 1,267,998 time today. He will be sleeping attached to my boob tonight.

Sleep conditions: I used to prefer to be on my stomach with a cat on my back, for warmth. A thin blanket over me with the comforter next to me. Lots of pillows all around.
    Now: as long as one of my children refrained from kicking me too hard in the face, I'm good!
    I actually sleep better with all of the kids in bed with me now. It's a comfort thing of hearing them breath I think.
    Tara
  • Options
    LO is currently fighting sleep. Mind you we are in a tent, in the pouring rain, and it's freezing and light outside so I don't blame her.

I can sleep almost anytime anywhere right now, except if LOs not asleep. Then I can only doze. Usually though I like a silent, pitch black room with the door closed. I like my feather duvet, 2 pillows and just a night shirt on. No socks! Ik!

We are about to transition LO to her room next week so I doubt I'll be sleeping much for a while. SO nervous about it since she will be downstairs and we'll be upstairs.
    TTC Since March 2010 - 2 angel babies - BFP December 12 EDD 12 Aug 13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Up for the first time and hopefully LO goes back down quickly. Our regression hasn't been horrible but he has been waking up and staying up for a few hours every few days. It is making me exhausted.

QOTN: I love sleeping. Deeply enjoy it. I can sleep anywhere but I need to be horizontal. I hate the feeling of falling asleep on a plane because once I get into a deep sleep I just want to lay down.

I prefer very dark, silent cool rooms. And I can not wear socks to bed.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So DH & I worked late tonight, he picked M up from the sitters at 130a. And kept him up till I got home at 215a. M is just now going back to sleep at 3a. I am really, really hoping that the little middle of the night awakening will lead him to sleep longer in the AM.

I prefer cool, dark, quiet to sleep. I hate the tv on. No socks. One pillow or my head, one for my legs. Nowdays I fall asleep in no time. But after M wakes me up it then takes forever to
    Go back to sleep
  • Options
    I need water on the nightstand and white noise. Although I fell asleep while pumping at work yesterday so there's that.

I'm up feeding lo after an 8 hour stretch!!!!! Idk if we're coming back out of the regression or if this is a fluke, but I'll take it!
  • Options
    After a couple easy bedtimes earlier this week, LO took 2 hours to go down last night. She did sleep for almost 7 hours, but of course, I didn't get anywhere near that much (I pump for my stash after LO is down and then get ready for bed). She got up at 5:15 to eat, and I'm hoping she wants to sleep some more afterwards.

QOTN: I can fall asleep pretty much anywhere as long as I can lie down (though since LO arrived, I have almost fallen asleep while sitting and standing). I prefer some white noise and for the room to be on the cool side so I can be under my down comforter. DH and I like to cuddle before we fall asleep, but neither of us likes to be touch much while sleeping.

• Options
    I lost my mind. DD2 wouldn't sleep more than 45 min at a time for several hours so I made DH and DD1 get up too. I'm cleaning the house.

I think I need therapy.

• Options
    I just don't understand why LO won't stay asleep. She woke up at 430, which was almost 3 hours ago. If she doesn't wake up as soon as I set her down, she wakes up 10-15 minutes after. I just don't get it.

Anniversary

• Options
    Late to the party here... I'm too exhausted most nights to even comprehend anything.. Plus when LO bedshares I can't turn my phone on or he'll get even more enthralled lol. @kwrecks I am with you.. I wish I had some answers for you or me... Or any of us! I feel defeated :-(

As for how id love to sleep.. No socks, blanket, fan, LO asleep. That last one is the variable lol.

And @lilmrslay are you camping?
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    So I got a 3 hour section of sleep in. Two weeks ago that wouldn't be anything to talk about, but after the past few days it was amazing!!
  • Options
    I left my phone in the bedroom last night but we were up several times.  It's like we have one good night and 5 bad.  This morning he got up when I was supposed to be getting ready for work so I was 30 minutes later than I would like to have been.  He just looked at me so sweet and wanted to talk.  If only I did not have to work then it would have been so much more enjoyable. 

Picture the Moment Photography: Liam &emdash; 938A7372-Edit       

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"