March 2013 Moms

Diapers a size bigger?

Does anyone else also buy LOs diapers a size bigger? DH and I do to protect DSs private. Sometimes when he sleeps it gets too full and may squeeze his junk and cause discomfort. So, to avoid that we buy a bigger size. Im curious to know if anyone else does the same.

Re: Diapers a size bigger?

• No. We do cloth, even ON.

Pee will not "squeeze" his junk. Plus, DS isn't in a dirty diaper long enough to cause discomfort.

When we do disposables (vacations or over the holidays) we use the right size, to avoid chaffing caused by bulk between thighs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No. We do cloth, even ON. Pee will not "squeeze" his junk. Plus, DS isn't in a dirty diaper long enough to cause discomfort. When we do disposables (vacations or over the holidays) we use the right size, to avoid chaffing caused by bulk between thighs.

This. The only time we even remotely sized up was when we went on vacation, and we bought a pack for that. He was so close to the upper weight limit for the smaller size I just got the bigger one. We still have that pack 6 months later. Plus, I didn't want the smaller size to be too small.
  • Loading the player...
  • No. We do cloth, even ON.

Pee will not "squeeze" his junk. Plus, DS isn't in a dirty diaper long enough to cause discomfort.

When we do disposables (vacations or over the holidays) we use the right size, to avoid chaffing caused by bulk between thighs.

We only us disposable at night because DS pees through cloth diapers. He eats 3-4 times at night and pees A LOT so that is why it squeezes when it is in his size. The bigger diapers allow room for all that piss
  • No. We do cloth, even ON. Pee will not "squeeze" his junk. Plus, DS isn't in a dirty diaper long enough to cause discomfort. When we do disposables (vacations or over the holidays) we use the right size, to avoid chaffing caused by bulk between thighs.
    We only us disposable at night because DS pees through cloth diapers. He eats 3-4 times at night and pees A LOT so that is why it squeezes when it is in his size. The bigger diapers allow room for all that piss

I kinda still find it hard to believe that the diaper would "squeeze his junk", especially to the point of discomfort. Heck, DS "squeezes his junk" during diaper changes, and doesn't seem bothered by it. DH just told me he would stop if it hurt.

I hear a fitted with wool is bulletproof for ON. We just use a prefold with hemp and a PUL cover.
  • We use cloth during the day and disposables overnight lately, and I just don't understand how this is possible. The disposables get saggy when they're wet....There isn't any squeezing going on.

3-4 times a night for a LO this age to still be eating sound like A LOT! They should be capable or STTN or 1 feeding at night by now.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Oh my...

DS pees a lot too, and we eventually found a combination of inserts and dipes that work ON. Even when we used disposables we never had the "squeezing" problem. I've used a size up tonight (we're at my parents and I snagged a 4 instead of a 3) and LEAK!!! How do you guys go about lasting all night with a size up dipe is a mystery to me. He didn't last 30min before wetting his pants.
  • If he's still eating 3-4 times per night, why don't you just change his diaper at 1-2 of those feedings?

Is he waking to feed that many times or are you having to wake him to feed for some reason?

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • If he's still eating 3-4 times per night, why don't you just change his diaper at 1-2 of those feedings?

Is he waking to feed that many times or are you having to wake him to feed for some reason?
    He doesnt take a binki so.he comfort nurses.. I dont wake him (im not crazy) he still wakes 3-4 times on his own, he will eat for 5 min and flip back over. I have heard of other moms having LOs do the same.

And it all depends on the type of diapers ypu are using. He is a small.fry and his size diapers fill up quick thats why we went a size up
  • JmeJme said:

We use cloth during the day and disposables overnight lately, and I just don't understand how this is possible. The disposables get saggy when they're wet....There isn't any squeezing going on.

3-4 times a night for a LO this age to still be eating sound like A LOT! They should be capable or STTN or 1 feeding at night by now.

He is capable but he doesnt. Not every baby is the same, we cant expect every child to do the exact same thing at the exact same time. Plus the different parenting styles has alot to do with it. I nurse him to sleep and he doesnt take a.binky so he is dependent upon the breast to give him.comfort.
  • My LO still nurses a lot at night too. We cosleep after her 1st waking, so I don't get up to change diapers. We use cloth day and night though. I don't see how his regular size diaper would be uncomfortable. It may make sense to size up at night so it will hold more, but I'd prefer to use the correct size during the day.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Pinkie78 said:
    This post made me LOL. We have sized up for over night diapers because our son pees a lot. Actually we double over night diaper him and have avoided leaks since we started this.

Ditto.  We've been doubling diapers for months now.  It's the only way to keep leaks out. 

;

• MamaMuslima01MamaMuslima01 member
    edited January 2014
    @Jbunny100 How do you double? Putting two disposables on?
  • @MamaMuslima01

Since DS is around 18 lbs I still put a #2 diaper on first and then a #3.  We mostly use Pampers Swaddlers, but now that I am just about out of #2 diapers I have started putting a Huggies #3 then a Pampers #3 over that.  The biggest trick for me is to make sure the side tabs are pulled all the way over.  The double diapering lasts around 13 hours so it is perfect for overnight.

;

• @Jbunny100
    Wow that is a great idea. I never thought about it. I ran out of disposable so ive been.using cloth at night and it works betyer now that I double with microfiber (thanks to CD board)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"