Philadelphia Babies

daycare centers in west philly

Hello! I'm due mid-July and am a PhD student at a university in west philly, so most of the time I am on campus either working or taking classes. Can anyone suggest any reputable daycare centers in that area?

Re: daycare centers in west philly

• i don't have any specific recs..but have you looked to see if there is one affiliated with the university?  I know that the university i went to had one through their education department.... just a thought
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If you are at Penn, they have a daycare but it is one of the more expensive and the wait is very long.  There is also one at locust and 42nd.  Also pricey with a long wait but I liked it on the tour.  Check out the one at Baltimore and 45th I think?  I am blanking on the name, maybe Montgomery something....they were reasonably priced, still a long wait but popular with the academics in the area.
    Be forewarned, the good west philly daycares will run you around 400/week and the wait lists are often well over a year.  You may want to expand your search or look at in homes too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to second your advice. I'm a Penn employee and I am due in early July. Very long wait lists for Penn's daycare. I believe one of my colleagues mentioned The Caring Center at 31st and Spring Garden as a good option. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"