March 2013 Moms

1st Birthday Theme

What theme are you doing for your LOs first birthday?

I wanted to do Candyland, and have some great decor ideas for it, but am saving it for her 2nd birthday since it will be a little over the top!

Now, we are going to do Minnie Mouse, I think?

What are you doing? Any fun, cute, or unique ideas?
Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: 1st Birthday Theme

• DS loves tree fu tom on sprout. But my sister tried to find party decorations and it's all from Britain or somewhere. So I may have my sister make up some stuff. Cheaper anyway.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • "Let's have a party because my kid is a year old and I managed to keep him alive and healthy" theme ;)  

I figure I'll start doing themes next year. 

• Loading the player...
  • My little boy started to show more interest in his toy cars. so maybe that will be my theme?
    Anyone else a little nervous about this first birthday party? I think part of me also wants him not to grow up so fast!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage

• We're going for a farm theme. It just gives me an excuse to make some really awesome food!
  • We are doing dinosaurs. I...I mean he likes them. :) he doesn't watch tv really so I didn't want to do any themes from shows or movies.
  • I think I am doing hippos... for no reason other than I love them and think it will be cute :)  DD doesn't watch TV or have any favorite animals or anything, so I am taking advantage of probably the only party where I get to make all the decisions and she could care less. :)
  • Im either doing Rainbows or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Rainbows because its easy and goes along with St. Pattys day.  Mickey Mouse because she loves that show.  Whenever she hears the song she gets super excited and starts clapping

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We are doing outdoor/sports themed. Because DS has NO outdoor toys since he was too little for the last spring summer. So I am hoping ppl will get the hint and bring outdoor toys, and if not I am going to give them a little hint on the invite.
    Erica

1st baby boy born 3.14.13
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/CharlieCheeksVinyl
    Thenewnorms.blogspot.com
  • Knight theme here. I saw a really good idea on pinterest for and Uno (card game) theme... thought it would be cute for a first birthday.
  • I'm very indecisive about the theme. I want to do a little man theme but then again we are big baseball fans and my son is named after a player so that was another idea. Then my son is born 5 days before St. Patricks day and is Irish from his father's side (his mother is off the boat from Ireland) so being irish is a huge deal to them plus I love St. Patricks day when though im not irish lol. I also like a camp theme. I think I might use the idea that has the least amount of details and design, that way when he is older and understands things I could use my other themes.
  • I want to do a matryoshka doll theme but only bc I like them. DD is too young to have any say. But I may not do anything at all. It depends on my mood. Since we are not doing a cake it would just be invites and decor and I prefer to go paperless whenever possible so I will probably just skip a theme.
  • DS has 10 cousins from 2 to 12 years old who all love pirates and will be thrilled to celebrate his 1st birthday "their" way... I've been collecting little things here and there for 3months and we're pretty much set. There are some pirates featured (invites, cake stand, deco) but it's mostly a color theme: red white and blue! I'm really excited, I love throwing parties. Plus, 1 means cake smash and THAT I'm clearly over-excited about! Angel cake oversized cupcake here we come!
  • We are doing Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. My DS loves Mickey and we are planning a trip to Disney World in September.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think we're going to do a "you are my sunshine" theme for dd. I sing her the song ALL THE TIME and have recently discovered she's loves orange! So orange, yellow, all that jazz. I'm excited!
  • egb+jaf said:
    I think we're going to do a "you are my sunshine" theme for dd. I sing her the song ALL THE TIME and have recently discovered she's loves orange! So orange, yellow, all that jazz. I'm excited!
    I just saw this theme on Pinterest recently - love it! 
  • Haven't thought of one yet..but I have a big family so not sure where to host.  
  • We just finalized an idea. .. Woodland/forest. I am incorporating all my favorites: gnomes, mushrooms, foxes, raccoons, owls etc. I'm going to make mushroom and owl cupcakes. Found some really cute ideas on pinterest.
  • egb+jafegb+jaf member
    edited January 2014

egb+jaf said:

I think we're going to do a "you are my sunshine" theme for dd. I sing her the song ALL THE TIME and have recently discovered she's loves orange! So orange, yellow, all that jazz. I'm excited!

I just saw this theme on Pinterest recently - love it! 

Oh yeah pintrest has a ton of cute stuff! I'm all up on pintrest getting all my ideas together
  • DD was born on St. Patty's Day so we are going to do a St. Patty's Day theme for our lil Lucky charm!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vintage travel theme here. It's my passion & this year is shaping up to have a lot of trips for us. Already have the happy birthday banner from etsy that's made from vintage maps. Going to decorate the cake like a globe.
  • We are doing a muppets theme. It's too bad there isn't more muppet babies stuff out there! Thank goodness for ebay
  • Our little guy was also born on St. Patrick's Day, which was also my due date. Since my shower was also shamrock themed, we decided to do add a little color so our theme is St. Patrick's Day/Rainbow. I'm making the decorations complete with a monthly picture banner, and we plan to serve a lunch consisting of corned beef sliders and other Irish fare. I am making Liam's cake, which will be rainbow-layered and DH is excited to have a candy table with jars for every color of the rainbow (red licorice, orange candy slices, yellow lemon drops, etc.) So crazy that it's been 10 months since we had a baby.
  • We are doing a rainbow theme for dd. since she is my little rainbow baby :)
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What did you find??? I've been wanting to get some nursery decorations for my son's play area.
  • I actually managed to convince Dh to do ds2's first birthday party.  I'm doing a Dr. Seuss birthday since I loved his books growing up, Dr Seuss was born on March 2, and I found some great ideas for it.  Also after almost a year, I finally decided how to decorate ds2's room - same theme.  I'm going to make comforter covers for the twin and the crib. 

Dd loved Disney, and ds1 loved Thomas the Tank Engine, so I wanted something that was ds2's.  

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • I think we are going to do a ladybug theme because we call her our "bug."  I think it will be a simple party with red and black and just decorate her highchair with something that looks like a tutu around the edge of the highchair tray.  I found a lot of awesome ideas on Pinterest.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I bought some Elmo theme invites on discount.  So Elmo?  He does like to watch Elmo youtube videos.  However, his bday falls on the weekend before Mardi Gras and we live in Nola.  So whether I like it or not its going to have a Mardi Gras theme too!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby #1, born 3/1/13, Baby #2 due 12/13/14
  • We live across the street from a small airport. I'm going to do pictures there and do a very simple airplanes theme. Clouds print and tablecloth. Just a few toy planes and red balloons. Sweet and simple.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"