C-sections
Options

Where did your baby sleep during recovery?

sulsa78sulsa78 member
edited January 2014 in C-sections
I am scheduled for a c section in a couple months and my daughter is 1yr old. I never had a c section (vaginal the first time). My concern is where the newborn will sleep during recovery? We have a rock-n-play that will be next to our bed...but I would have to slightly bend over to pick up the baby. So what should we do? Should I get a co sleeper instead? Or is the rock-n-play ok??
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Where did your baby sleep during recovery?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Oops! That's what I meant! Vaginal delivery.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son slept in the bassinet attachment to his pack n play.  I really didn't have to bend to get him in and out of it.  The bigger issue was where I slept.  Our bed is kinda high and I couldn't get in and out of it for the first few days we were home so I slept sitting up on on the bed in our guest room (couldn't lay down at first either) for 2 days then slept laying down in the guest bed for another night or two.  

• Options
    DD slept in the bassinet part of her pack n play.  It hurt so danged bad to lay down in bed, I had to sleep sitting up in the recliner.  If I have another c/s, I'm not sure what I'll do this time.  I didn't have the rock n play right away last time.  I would try that or the pack n play.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    My LO sleeps in a craddle next to my side of the bed. My husband helps me get her out and gives her to me for feeding (he did diaper change) and puts her back when she's asleep. I agree with some I the others where and how I slept was a bigger issue.
  • Options
    Our kids were in a bassinet. We learned that it was best to put the bassinet on DHs side of the bed for a couple reasons 1) I was a really light sleeper and would jump at the tiniest peep. 2) DH got up first and changed diaper and reswaddled her while I got propped up with pillows and ready to BF. It worked for us. After a few weeks, I was healed enough that we could move the bassinet back to my side... But b/c of #1 above, I preferred to leave the bassinet on DHs side.

• Options
    ODS slept in his crib and the mattress was at the highest setting so I didn't even really have to bend over to get him. YDS only slept in my arms for the first few weeks so no problems there. :/
  • Options
    DD slept in the pack and play bassinet.  I didn't have any trouble picking her up, she was so light!  Taking care of a newborn post c/s was really no problem.  I did almost everything myself, while DH focused on DS.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    I had a 10lb baby soooo my experience might be different. But DS and I slept in the spare bedroom as our bed is hard to get in and out of. I slept sitting up and my DS slept in his portable napper beside me in the bed for the first week and a half.

Afterwards I felt better and slept in our room with DS in his Moses bassinet beside the bed.

Bending wasn't the issue for me it was going from sitting to stand and vice versa that was the issue for me.
  • Options
    My c section babies slept in their cribs. It's at the highest setting. I never had a problem. If I would have I would have asked my DH to get him for those first few days.
  • Options
    My daughter also slept in a bassinet in our bedroom and the bassinet attached to our pack n play.
  • Options
    We intended for DD to sleep in the cosleeper. However, we couldn't set her down and she ended up sleeping on top of me/DH. I think you'll be fine with the RNP. You're suppose to get up and walk anyways.
  • Options
    DD slept in a bassinet next to our bed- getting her out was really no trouble. You have a slight bend to pick LO up but it isn't anything you shouldn't be able to handle.

If you are worried about it- have DH hand LO to you. That way there is no bending.
  • Options
    My lo was in the RnP next to my bed. I had no issues with mobility and pain. Just make sure you get up and walk around in the hospital as soon as possible and stay on top of your pain meds. I felt fine physically when I got home... Sore but in good enough shape to take lo in and put of her RnP.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    Bassinet in pack n play. You should be able to get them in and out of that. You will be bending over that far to change diapers.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies! I feel much better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My baby slept in the pack n play in the living room and I slept on the couch. It was the only thing I could easily get on and off of after my c section. Beds were too high or too soft to push off of. After about a week I moved to the bedroom and he slept in his crib
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have much of an issue with bending at the waist when standing as much as getting up from laying position to get baby. We used the rock and play with our LO. It worked really well because I could slide it up right next to the bed and get him without having to sit up. 
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    edited January 2014
    Pack and Play overnight and Rock and Play for naps

ETA: Also, lifting him out of these hurt way less than getting out of bed in the first place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"