June 2014 Moms

Anyone taking a baby moon?

2»

Re: Anyone taking a baby moon?

• Our anniversary is in March, so we are planning a trip then... we do it every year.  Can't wait until this year! I'm excited!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• bahamas for 7 days over valentines day!
  • Loading the player...
  • I really want to do something, even if it's just a long weekend in the Bahamas or Lake Louise in Canada or something like that.  But DH isn't as keen on the idea.  I keep telling him this is the last vacation we will take without a baby for like 25 years!  He's still not biting.  The only thing holding me back is not wanting to take vacation time so that I can add it all to my maternity leave.  We'll see.....if we do it'll prob be sometime in March before 3rd tri.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • We will be booking either a 5 or 7 night stay in Mexico for early February (just waiting for the go-ahead from the doc this week). Its bloody cold up here in Canada so it will be a welcome little getaway, however we are taking our 4 yo son along as well so it's more of a family baby-moon lol
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope, but I'm taking a mommy-moon! Going to visit friends in NYC in February.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imagephoto ry400_zpsf92defef.jpeg="YOUR URL HERE" width="180px">
  • DH and I went to Mexico during Thanksgiving. We planned it last summer as a very belated official honeymoon because we are teachers and got married in May 2012 and just took a few day getaway after the wedding because we couldn't take too many days off. We decided after booking the vaca that we didn't want to wait any longer to try for a baby (and we weren't sure how long it would take to conceive) so we started trying and BAM got pregnant in the first month- so our belated honeymoon became an early babymoon. It was lovely to be alone and just relax and focus on one another. Our resort was kind of a partying, drinking resort and we really aren't big drinkers so that was a downside and the food wasn't all that great (especially for a picky pregnant woman) but other than that it was a terrific experience. I would love to do another getaway in a few months- just as a last alone trip for a long time- but this time we will go somewhere close to home. I think no matter where you go- it's so nice to just get that last couple time before baby!
  • Since I don't get any paid maternity leave, I'm trying to save my vacation time for after baby, but H and I are big vacationers so I don't think we can handle not going anywhere this year.  We'll more than likely drive up to Vegas for a long weekend and go see a show or two in March or April.  I wish there were better destinations within driving distance....
  • We just booked our trip to Florida for a week in march! I can't wait!!!
  • Wow so many of you are taking far away trips! I would love I visit the Caribbean! I need some sand and sun!
  • jjvajjva member
    edited January 2014
    I'm in Virginia and I want to go somewhere tropical so bad. I've been looking at Jetsetter and sites like that all day! It's really not in our budget -- we need to double down on savings before the baby comes, and we need to get the pipes under our house replaced. Every six months or so we get them cleared out and the guy is like "You've got to replace these" and we're like "We know, we know" but it's so expensive ... DH wants to go to California, where spent an awesome week in 2012, but it's so pricey. His aunt has a house on an island in Florida that she might rent us for cheap though, if we go in the off season, like March-ish. I'm going to ask him how he feels about that. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We always planned on going on a babymoon. We have traveled quite a bit in our 13 year relationship, so it just seemed obvious we would continue it with a celebration/relaxation before baby arrived...but now logistically...I kind of want to save-up all my leave for after the baby to help with maternity leave. So I am torn. Beaches/sleeping in/eating out/ lounging is pulling at my heart, but my head is telling me to wait and enjoy time recovering and adjusting to baby.
    Maybe we will do a quick weekend getaway instead.

imageimage 

http://media.thedailytouch.com/2013/08/lets-do-this-ucas-gif.gif

• mslovesbomslovesbo member
    edited January 2014
    @rmjones15: In the same boat...the easy quick get-away spots are not warm/beach oriented.
    =((

imageimage 

http://media.thedailytouch.com/2013/08/lets-do-this-ucas-gif.gif

• mrsgerman said:
    We are taking a 5 night cruise with stops in Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios Jamaica, the last week in February. So excited to get out of the cold in WI, especially after spending the day freezing my ass off at Lambeau field!
    @carriebear22 FYI most cruise lines will not accept you if at any time during the cruise you have entered your 24th week of pregnancy. I am not sure where you will be but you may want to check. You usually also need a note from your Dr so maybe you can get her to say you are a few weeks earlier if you are past 24. 

I will be 24 weeks the morning we get off the boat, so doc just needs to sign saying I havent completed 25 weeks by disembark. I checked that policy inside and out before booking, and luckily I was able to secure a vacation slot at work before the cutoff. :)
    Married my Sweetie 8/21/04
    BFP 10/8/2013
    Miss Camryn Marie arrived 6/20/2014

• We are going on a Caribbean cruise the last week in February. We can't wait!!!
  • Nancy1250 said:
    We have a timeshare so we are going to Massanutten resort in the mountains in Virginia. Snow, fires, and I plan on spa -ing it up with some massages and pedicures :)
    Ohhhh. Looking this up...... Oops. Timeshare.
    We are just exchanging with our timeshare.  You don't have to be a timeshare owner to stay there :D
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We are desperately wanting to since well we haven't had a honeymoon. We got married Dec. 25 2013. We decided the 23rd to get our license and made calls and told everyone where to be on the 25th. We r pregnant with twins... with a few concerns... and we have 2 older children just want a few days away just the 2 of us.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers image

photo grownup_zps47c344cf.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"