January 2013 Moms
Options

Party favors?

Ben's party is tomorrow afternoon& I just realized I forgot favors!! I have a quick easy food idea that doesn't send them home with unusable favor crap that I could still easily do in time.. But are favors really necessary? We have 1 actual "kid" coming, 3 babies, and the rest teenagers and adults. What did you do favor wise??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Party favors?

• Options
    Honestly, I think favors are a huge waste. The last 2 parties we went to we came home with a whole lot of trash. We did get 1 book that is kind of cute but I don't think we needed or really... deserved a gift for showing up at a birthday party. 

I sincerely don't understand favors. Is it so that the kids attending remember their friend? Or that they don't get jealous that the birthday kid gets gifts?

• Options
    kittynap said:
    Yeah favors are weird. So of course we did them! I got a box of 8 sailboat bath toys and wrote each kids name on it for a place setting/favor. There aren't many kids attending (nieces and nephews) and our party is at the children's museum. If I had it at my house, where each kid didn't have a little seat I prob wouldn't have bothered. I'm fully expecting fights about the color of each kids boat.
    A bath toy at least is something that can span a range of ages. We ended up with stuff that was like 4 years too advanced for DD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had DD's party yesterday and didn't do favors. We had one 7 year old, 1 3 year old, and two kids other than DD around 1. No one even seemed to notice we didn't have favors but then again none of the other 1st birthday parties I have been to around here have had them.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We are doing a Cookie Monster theme. So I did choc chip cookie packages for favors. We will only have a few kids there ( niece & nephews) and mostly adults. I think food is a great favor, but they are not necessary!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I considered doing favors but decided against it.  There will be 3 other kids there and they are 7, 9 and 10.  
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    We're doing a Curious George theme...there will be kids from infant to 4. I wanted to give things that the kids will use. I got a book set that I'm dividing between the guests so the favors end up being under $2. If there are a few kids that don't come, then we'll keep the books for DD. What about bubbles? We've been to a few parties where there were bubbles as favors and others where there weren't any...completely up to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    I was just wondering this. My son (5) has them at his parties, but a 1 year-old? I know her "friends" are older - do people actually expect to receive something though?
  • Options
    I didn't plan on it, just cus we are trying to be cheap. I wouldn't know what to put in them if we did. There will be 8 other kids there, I think, ranging from 8-1yrs old. I just made a bday banner for DD's party and sent a pic to my friend. And she told me I needed to check this other chicks page for party ideas and copy her cute gift bags. We are trying to be simple
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our theme was monsters so I made "monster" cookies that I found on Pinterest (super easy) and gave those out as favors.
  • Options
    Little man's party is on Saturday and I'm doing a small candy buffet with little to go bags for everyone to make their own favor.  Not great for little little ones I understand but since we're having mostly adults I thought it would be ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"