May 2012 Moms
Options

hungry baby

Lo just ate two bananas in addition to other food, cheese, crackers, chicken, pear and orange. He's also slept a lot recently, is there a growth spurt around 20 months? I haven't found one from googling but seriously, I can't even eat two bananas!

Re: hungry baby

• Options
    Pants I had to roll twice seem to almost fit without being rolled, I should try to measure his height. It could also be because he walks more and just burns off more calories. Dh was skeptical about giving him the 2nd banana but I said that since he really can't tell you he is hungry you should just try even if he doesn't eat it and then he ate the whole thing and wanted orange slices! I could tell he wanted them because he was on his tippy toes trying to reach them off the counter.
  • Options
    In my experience from 17-30 months kids eat a ton and then slow down again, they are growing and learning and doing so much so fast! Then they slow down so calorie needs slow way down. My 3 year old eats less most days than Lucas
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was just thinking this when yesterday I made macaroni and cheese for lunch and she ate 3 and a half bowls! I couldn't believe it. She would finish and then push the bowl to me and say, "more please." 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• Options
    bellelamb said:
    In my experience from 17-30 months kids eat a ton and then slow down again, they are growing and learning and doing so much so fast! Then they slow down so calorie needs slow way down. My 3 year old eats less most days than Lucas
    17 to 30!?! Damn, I'm gonna have to stock up on cereal and bananas. This kids goes to town at breakfast time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

bellelamb said:
    17 to 30!?! Damn, I'm gonna have to stock up on cereal and bananas. This kids goes to town at breakfast time.
    Same here! Three bowls of cereal and a banana or whole plate of cut up fruit for breakfast the last few days!
  • Options
    Try packing in some protein in the morning, it helps meet their needs and keep them full longer ;) I won't mention the around 6 year growth spurt;) that one is scary
  • Options
    bellelambbellelamb member
    edited January 2014
    Oh yeah... A box of cereal is a breakfast in my house if we all eat it with three boys dh and I :) not to scare any one
  • Options
    Well its good to know! I'll try eggs again in the morning, he doesn't seem to care for hard boiled but sometimes well eat scrambled
  • Options
    Mine all like scrambled eggs with cheese and red hot, we though a dozen if we're all home
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"