April 2014 Moms
Options

Back pain so bad I can't walk.

I don't know if it's position of the baby but I can't barely walk the pain is so bad. It's in my right very lower back/upper butt cheek. I can't put pressure on one if my legs. Anyone else have this?

Re: Back pain so bad I can't walk.

• Options
    Yes.  I had it last pregnancy too.  I was told it was sciatic nerve pain and it was due to where the baby was sitting.  It comes and goes.   

imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
    DD due April 2, 2014
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    DS born April 9, 2011

• Options
    Not sure if it'll help, but I got a heating pad from CVS and it's been a lifesaver for my back pain... I use it when I'm laying around on the couch, and it helped a lot to relax the muscles and loosen up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like sciatic. Try to stretch it out if you can, rotate heat and ice. Also a back brace helps me. Usually if I'm on my feet more than 20 mins I'm in pain. I wore my back brace shopping today and back back still hurts but it's dull.... So tolerable.
  • Options
    I had that last month....I feel your pain it hurts to sit down and pee. Make sure you lay on your left side. My DH Gave me a massage (he took massage therapy) and it help Sooooo much. Once I got it to go away I started wearing my brace; which definitely helps. Heat may feel good but I was told its bad for it; by then I had already spent the day in my shower. Get plenty of rest...i missed a few days of work because I couldn't even walk. Just be careful I would never wish that pain on anyone I cried so much and DH just couldn't understand how painful it was.
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • Options
    Massage or chiropractor!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I second the chiropractor. I had never been before this pregnancy but it has been a life saver. Because of pregnancy hormones things shift around. After I get adjusted (not manually its called a pro adjuster) my chiropractor puts sport tape on my back for support. Helps so much! Hope you are able to find relief!
    Hannah 7/7/12
    Baby girl #2 coming April 2014!
  • Options
    I have it. It's bad! I'm told it's sciatica. The pain is so sharp sometimes if I move a certain way I can't help but cry out and sometimes can barely walk! I called the hospital and the nurse suggested a pregnancy belt to help pull baby off the nerve. I haven't tried it yet. Prenatal massage offers temporary relief and I haven't tried a chiropractor yet but I've heard good things (but to be honest I'm one of those people who doesn't feel comfortable with chiro so I probably won't!). Hope you feel better! It's the worst!
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Please try chiropractic !!! It is amazing for back pain during pregnancy. I am on my 4th and have gotten adjusted with each baby. Trust me it works . I will say some chiropractors are better than other .
  • Options
    I don't have sciatic nerve problems but I do have a major problem with my sacroiliac joint. That can make it very painful to walk and god forbid I try rolling over in bed. Excruciating! The thing with SI problems or pelvic girdle pain is that it does not radiate. It's felt around your lower back upper butt about an inch or two from your spine on either side. Physio has really helped me.

Good luck!
    image   image 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got a support belt yesterday and it has been really helpful so far.
    image VOTE on my Name List
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have had the sciatic pain get so bad I could barely walk and laying down hurt.  This yoga routine has kept it almost entirely away.

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    Yup. I have been experiencing it lately and had it bad with DD as well. The suggestions already posted are good advice.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • Options
    pannk said:

I got a support belt yesterday and it has been really helpful so far.

Can you sit in it? I can't sit in mine :(
  • Options
    I'm feeling your pain. Between my back feeling like I ran a marathon and the sciatic nerve causing the lovely top of the butt pain, I wonder how I'll make it until delivery. Anyone know if you can get out of work - ie. Dr approved - if it gets bad enough?
  • Options
    I am in the same boat... Nervous for when I have more weight on me. Only 10 lb gain so far, but the pain is soo intense. Tried taking a bath. May do the heating pad tonight. Maybe Tylenol too?? Good luck!

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    I have TERRIBLE sciatica too (and remember it well with DD) -- it's debilitating! Massage and yoga help, as well as warm baths.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    My nightly routine now consists of a bath. It does help me to be able to lay down with out being in excruciating pain!
  • Options
    i had it bad early on. it comes and goes now but i do a mix of chiro, massage  (got my ob to write a prescription to cover!) and yoga. Massage and yoga help the most. Here's a position to try....
    Get on hands and knees, then shift one knee forward and bring your foot in front of the opposite knee. Slowly slide your other leg back. Depending on comfort level you can still sit up bracing hands on the floor or do the modified above or even lay your chest down further. Use a pillow, folded blanket or yoga block under the thigh of the forward leg if you need extra room for your belly. Breathe deep and really focus on relaxing into the pose. Consciously let go of any tension in your hip, leg or back. Hope that helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Amiemarie80, how would you recommend searching/finding a credible and talented chiropractor that deals with prenatal alignments? I have been very curious to find one and get some relief and help! Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    I have it on both sides. Everytime I walk no matter what leg I throw forward, I get pain in my upper butt/lower lumbar. Sucks. My massage therapist has me heating it for awhile then putting a tennis ball under that area and rolling over it. Really helps to loosen that muscle that surrounds the sciatic nerve.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"