C-sections
Options

Bleeding

My baby is now one month old and I had a c section due to her being breech. I am still bleeding and most people I talked to only bled for a week or two but I'm at a month so just wondered how long it took thy bleeding to stop for other ladies ?

Re: Bleeding

• Options
    Melanded02Melanded02 member
    edited January 2014
    I'm at three weeks out and I sill have bleeding. It's lightened a great deal but I still have to use pads. My c section was due to a stalled labor after 5hrs of pushing and a big baby with head stuck behind my pelvic bone.
  • Options
    By 5wk mine had decreased, but it then returned for another couple weeks, finally subsiding around 7.5 weeks. Neither my mw or the ob were concerned.
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was about 5 weeks
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Options
    with mine I bled 5-7 weeks. totally normal.

call your doc if you are super worried. but like a PP said above- I bled a bit then it slowed down then came back a little bit.
  • Options
    With each of mine I bleed heavy for about 6 weeks and then light for another week or two. I had a friend who had her c section and the dr literally suctioned her out. She bleed for a day or two. I think a month is completely normal as long as you aren't in pain or passing large clots.
  • Options
    With my second, I bled for at least 6 weeks. It would ease up or even stop and then come back. Pretty much any increase in bleeding after 3-4 weeks meant that I was overdoing it. I was stubborn though and refused to accept this. Made my recovery take way longer!

• Options
    With this most recent one, I bled for about 6 weeks. Like PP said, if you are concerned, give your doctor a call.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    After my c-section I bled for 6 weeks, stopped for a week, then bled for another week.  
  • Options
    I had light bleeding for the first 4 weeks and it was gone. Then it came back heavy at 6 weeks for a few days.
  • Options
    With my first I bled for about 6 weeks. This time I'm now 2 weeks pp and still bleeding off and on. I expect to bleed up until about 6 weeks again.
  • Options
    About 6 weeks both times.
  • Options
    I bled for about 8 weeks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bled for 10 weeks. The doctor said if i was still bleeding at 11 weeks I need to come back to see them.
  • Options
    dana0212 said:

I bled for 10 weeks. The doctor said if i was still bleeding at 11 weeks I need to come back to see them.

I had the exact same thing. My baby is 11 weeks today an it just stopped last week. Thank goodness!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"