3rd Trimester
Options

ER Visit last night

I'm a FTM 35 Weeks and last night I work up at midnight with the most horrible back pain and cramps and nausea. I called my mom whose and OB nurse, she said to take a hot shower (my water didn't break, I didn't lose my plug) and drink some water. The hot shower helped a little to where I was able to go back to bed. However I woke up again at 2am with the same pain this time it was coming and going about 10 mins apart. Taking a shower didn't help, neither did drinking water. At this point I decided to wake up my husband because I was really worried.
We both got dressed and drove to the hospital. When we got there the nurse kept asking me if I was lying about the pain, which really made me mad....because that was my plan to wake up at 2am to go to the hospital! NO!!! After we got into a room they put the monitor on me. we were there for about 2 hours. I never saw a Dr. just the nurse. While I was there I began to throw up for a good 15 mins which really freaked my husband out as well as myself. The nurse just kept telling me I was dehydrated and needed to take better care of my baby and myself.
I'm more upset that I never even saw a Dr. Is that normal? Would you consider those Braxton hicks? I have no idea because the nurse didn't explain anything to us at all. :( The nurse said I was dehydrated and that caused the pain. Other than throwing up a bunch I didn't feel I was dehydrated since I drank a ton of water that day.

Does anyone have any thoughts other than calling my OB because I plan to talk to her about it on Monday when I have my Visit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ER Visit last night

• Options
    You said they put a monitor on you, were they picking up labor contractions? Did they test your pee? Did your urine analysis come back that you were dehydrated? Did they take blood? Check your cervix? I've had pre-term labor with all of my pregnancies, and no, their treatment of you doesn't make sense at all. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    The only thing they did was put the baby on a monitor which didn't pick up any contractions. And i told the Nurse that it stopped last time for like 2 hours then came back. They didn't do anything else which seemed so weird to me. I mean i said i had a cold like a month ago to my ob and she did blood work, tested my urine. But the hospital made me feel like i was crazy and wasting their time :( I mean i know it was 2am but i was scared!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It sounds like a stomach bug.

• Options
    I would say stomach bug as well. I have had two nights this week I wake up in the middle of the night in a sweat and have to puke with horrible stomach pains. Then it goes away. I think a lot of these funky nights and days come with pregnancy. I am surprised you never saw a doctor and your nurse basically just released you without you speaking to anyone incharge. You have to be your own advocate. I would never leave a hospital without speaking to a doctor. Definitely check with your OB. Next time I would also call your OB first and see what they say before heading to the hospital. Just like a peditrician office there is a doctor on call all hours to look at your file and answer questions.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    They should have at the very least had your urine checked.  Its simple and takes two seconds to test it.  There are other things that could have been going on other than just dehydration.  At almost full term, I'd be insisting on getting my BP and urine checked at the VERY least.
    First we had you.

Then we had you.

Now we are complete.

• Options

Did you go to the ER or L&D.

It should be protocol that they check BP, urine, blood etc. Also, they should have called your OB. I would give your OB a call today.

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Call your OB. They should have sent you right to an OB unit not kept you in the ER.
  • Options
    dunvilles said:

Did you go to the ER or L&D.

It should be protocol that they check BP, urine, blood etc. Also, they should have called your OB. I would give your OB a call today.

This. ER and L&D are two totally different things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"