December 2013 Moms

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Sometimes I get so annoyed with Dh's loud snoring and how it wakes the baby, and I just let lay in bed waiting to see who will wake who first. 
    Our family is complete!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree that leaving an apartment and leaving the baby is no good...taking a shower is a totally different thing.

But, i think the dog would be fine in the crate. No need to leave the apartment...
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm fucking pissed we have another spitter on our hands. And not just spitting up, but GERD/reflux which makes her miserable. It was one of the only things I really hoped to be different this time and it's worse, so I feel weirdly cheated that both my kids pyloric sphchincters sucked so bad. Also, I HATE bed sharing, but it's the only way she'll sleep. I'm in a dark place right now.
    {{{}}} I love your posts even when they're sad. :(

DD and DS have both been spitters. He's already on Zantac. It's not really working from what I can tell. Is she on anything yet?
  • I'm fucking pissed we have another spitter on our hands. And not just spitting up, but GERD/reflux which makes her miserable. It was one of the only things I really hoped to be different this time and it's worse, so I feel weirdly cheated that both my kids pyloric sphchincters sucked so bad. Also, I HATE bed sharing, but it's the only way she'll sleep. I'm in a dark place right now.

I am not liking that you are in a dark place but I am right there with you. Fucking reflux. I am so pissed that both of our children have it again.

• I would make a bad SAHM; I'm constantly on the brink of panic attack the 2 days my 2 year old is home. DH needs to get paternity leave!
    DH informed me last night that he is going to have some late nights coming up and I'm going to have to deal with both kids for dinner and bedtime. Instant panic attack/bawling on the phone. I'm not cut out to SAH.

My DH works 2nd shifts (think 3p-11p).  Dinner, bath time, and bedtime are all me.  6 nights a week.  
    [-(
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • I dropped my phone on the baby's head while side nursing.

I was baby wearing yesterday and spilled my juice in LO's eye.  Oops.
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • lba0614 said:
    I am a SAHM. DH works (mostly from home, but still). He has been totally great about helping with LO since i have been in a lot of pain from the csection and everything. Im finally feeling better and can get out of bed without pain...but ive been letting DH still handle most of the nighttime duties. He hasnt complained and hasnt asked me to take over, so im taking advantage of his niceness and willingness to do the work. I feel like a bad mom and wife when i think about taking advantage, but then the nighttime comes and i still dont get up.
    That's kind of amazing that he's doing this for you! Enjoy it for the rest of us!
  • KateMW said:

LP0198 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how someone could get in trouble legally for leaving a newborn alone for 5-10 minutes. :/ So like if I need to heat the car up before we leave the house I have to take my baby to the freezing car? I don't think so.

Edited because I wasn't done typing.

She's not running into her driveway to start the car. I've also left DS inside while I run outside but I could listen for him. She is talking about leaving an infant in an apartment and leaving the property (unable to hear if baby starts crying) for up to ten minutes. I don't know the law exactly but I'd imagine you might be able to get in trouble for leaving a child unattended.

Also showering doesn't count because you can hear if baby starts crying and get out if needed.

Ok, yeah, I've still done this. IT'S 5-10 MINUTES WHILE YOUR CHILD IS SLEEPING. What is going to happen? The baby isn't going to magically decide that today at three weeks he's going to catapult himself out of his crib onto the floor. I've spent 15 minutes outside on the porch on the phone with the door shut. All is well and I'm not in jail.
    Pretty sure this is why we have baby monitors....or blankets and jackets to wrap LO up in to take the dog on a quick potty break.

Exactly what I was going to say.. Kindof sounds like an excuse to me. Buy a cheap monitor or wrap your LO up really snugly and take your poor dog out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • VerySurprisedVerySurprised member
    edited January 2014
    I never want to go to work again. I want to be a SAHM so bad, but it's not an option for at least another year. I feel really guilty because our dog may have to sit in her crate while dh is at work tonight. It's 8 degrees outside and I have no clue how to handle doggy potty breaks and the baby at the same time. It's too cold to take the baby outside, but obviously I can't leave her inside to take the dog out.. Idk what to do except leave the dog in the crate while he's gone.

Can you leave the baby inside in a safe place (crib...)? ( just like you would as if you had to run to the bathroom?)
  • lp0lp0 member
    KateMW said:

LP0198 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how someone could get in trouble legally for leaving a newborn alone for 5-10 minutes. :/ So like if I need to heat the car up before we leave the house I have to take my baby to the freezing car? I don't think so.

She's not running into her driveway to start the car. I've also left DS inside while I run outside but I could listen for him. She is talking about leaving an infant in an apartment and leaving the property (unable to hear if baby starts crying) for up to ten minutes. I don't know the law exactly but I'd imagine you might be able to get in trouble for leaving a child unattended.

Also showering doesn't count because you can hear if baby starts crying and get out if needed.

Ok, yeah, I've still done this. IT'S 5-10 MINUTES WHILE YOUR CHILD IS SLEEPING. What is going to happen? The baby isn't going to magically decide that today at three weeks he's going to catapult himself out of his crib onto the floor. I've spent 15 minutes outside on the porch on the phone with the door shut. All is well and I'm not in jail.

Then I assume you're okay with letting baby CIO then?? My concern would not be the toaster suddenly bursting into flames or baby jumping out of the crib but rather letting her scream for 10 mins because I couldn't hear her cry.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• LP0198 said:
    I'm still trying to figure out how someone could get in trouble legally for leaving a newborn alone for 5-10 minutes. :/ So like if I need to heat the car up before we leave the house I have to take my baby to the freezing car? I don't think so. Edited because I wasn't done typing.
    She's not running into her driveway to start the car. I've also left DS inside while I run outside but I could listen for him. She is talking about leaving an infant in an apartment and leaving the property (unable to hear if baby starts crying) for up to ten minutes. I don't know the law exactly but I'd imagine you might be able to get in trouble for leaving a child unattended. Also showering doesn't count because you can hear if baby starts crying and get out if needed.
    Pretty sure this is why we have baby monitors....or blankets and jackets to wrap LO up in to take the dog on a quick potty break.
    Exactly what I was going to say.. Kindof sounds like an excuse to me. Buy a cheap monitor or wrap your LO up really snugly and take your poor dog out!
    I'm confused...what sounds like an excuse? I have a monitor. I don't have a dog, I'm not the OP. There is no problem with going outside for 10 minutes while the baby sleeps. That's my point, I don't need a monitor to do it.
  • lp0lp0 member
    KateMW said:

LP0198 said:

KateMW said:

LP0198 said:

Then I assume you're okay with letting baby CIO then?? My concern would not be the toaster suddenly bursting into flames or baby jumping out of the crib but rather letting her scream for 10 mins because I couldn't hear her cry.

Glad you made that jump...

I wasn't trying to be snarky that would literally my concern with leaving a baby alone fir 10 mins. I don't think that's an unrealistic jump to assume a baby may cry while you step out for 10 mins.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• My confession is that I don't know if I last showered on Tuesday or Wednesday...also, I have barely been eating once a day. I'm a mess.

edited January 2014
    KateMW said:

KateMW said:

LP0198 said:

I'm confused...what sounds like an excuse? I have a monitor. I don't have a dog, I'm not the OP. There is no problem with going outside for 10 minutes while the baby sleeps. That's my point, I don't need a monitor to do it.

I was agreeing with you lol.
    @kateMW

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • LP0198 said:
    I'm still trying to figure out how someone could get in trouble legally for leaving a newborn alone for 5-10 minutes. :/ So like if I need to heat the car up before we leave the house I have to take my baby to the freezing car? I don't think so. Edited because I wasn't done typing.
    She's not running into her driveway to start the car. I've also left DS inside while I run outside but I could listen for him. She is talking about leaving an infant in an apartment and leaving the property (unable to hear if baby starts crying) for up to ten minutes. I don't know the law exactly but I'd imagine you might be able to get in trouble for leaving a child unattended. Also showering doesn't count because you can hear if baby starts crying and get out if needed.
    I was agreeing with you lol. @kateMW
    See! Told you I was confused!
  • I love SO's older kids (12year old twin boys) but after spending the last week trapped inside the house with a 3 week old and them constantly fighting while he's at work. I'm so ready for their mom to pick them up tonight!
  • To lazy to use quote button please forgive me...

1. Even the hospital let me leave my sleeping baby in his crib while I went to the cafeteria to get food.
    2. @gwinnygirl have they done an ultrasound to check for Pyloric Stenosis? I never would have guessed that's what my boy had but I'm glad I found out earlier rather than later.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • ColeRose said:

My confession is that I don't know if I last showered on
    Tuesday or Wednesday...also, I have barely been eating once a day. I'm a mess.

I could have written this myself ((hugs))
    I'm sorry! :( we will get this figured out! ((Hugs))

• Oh yeah, I just got pissy because I've given H all this week 'off' in helping with nighttime stuff since he's had big court hearings. He's been sleeping in the nice, quiet, dark basement. And he's complained about not sleeping well. Seriously. I kinda want to smack him upside the head.

Glaring at your DH.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • Oh yeah, I just got pissy because I've given H all this week 'off' in helping with nighttime stuff since he's had big court hearings. He's been sleeping in the nice, quiet, dark basement. And he's complained about not sleeping well. Seriously. I kinda want to smack him upside the head.

Nope. Not okay.

Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"