May 2014 Moms
Options

Do you know an Adeline?

Yesterday DH and I moved Adeline Violet (nickname would be Ada, not Addy) to the top of our list for this little monkey. I searched the baby names board for it and it seemed like the general consensus for Adeline was that it's nice but super popular.

This made my brain explode because don't know a single Adeline. I'm a teacher and have never seen it in real life and it was ranked 239 in 2012.

How many Adeline's have you seen lately? Are the millions of Adeline's just hiding from me?

Re: Do you know an Adeline?

• Options
    I don't know any.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have a 4yo niece named Ada. Would have been Adeline, but the parents decided to simplify at the last minute. That's the only one Ive heard of- but my friends/family seem to be stuck producing flocks of boys... So no real chance to see popular girls names.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love the name, haven't met one yet.
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Options
    I know 2 Adelyn's. I'm not sure if you are planning on pronouncing it ending in the -Lynn sound or -Line sound. I think it's a really pretty name, and those 2 little girls live across the country from each other.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I know one. She is in her early 30s.

I also work in schools and have never had a student with that name.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    My cousins little girl is Adeline and DH cousins little girl is Adaley but they're the only ones I know. I think it's a really cute name!
  • Options
    We know 1, and she is about 5 years old.

• Options
    I know an Adelae, but not an Adeline.

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know a 4 yr old and a 35ish yr old. It's definitely a nice name. I liked it, but decided against it because our family got an addison this year and I thought they were too similar.

• Options
    My grandma! She is one of the coolest persons ever! I have considered this name as well for that reason! :)
  • Options
    My cousins name is Aida. My great grandmothers name was Adleigh. I'm not 100% on spelling but my grandfathers middle name was Leigh so I'm assuming that's how it was spelled. I love Adeline.
  • Options
    I love that name! It is on my list for a girl :)!
  • Options
    I know of one.  She's probably 4 years old now.  I think it's pretty!
  • Options
    Love it! That's our baby girl's name, but spelled differently. I don't know anyone with that name.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That's our girl's name :) but spelled Adelyn.
  • Options
    I have a niece named Adeline. They call her Addie. She's 8 I think? She's the only one I know of personally. 
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    I know 2 little girls with that name. I think it might be more popular in different areas.
  • Options
    I'm a teacher as well and haven't come across the name personally. I love it though and I had it on my potential girl names, but having a boy! There is a character in the show Grimm and that's her name but they spell it Adalind.
  • Options
    I know one, she is in her 60's.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I know one, she's about a year and a half old. Nickname Addy. 

BFP #1 7.16.13 | EDD 3.27.14  | MC 7.29.13
    BFP #2 8.28.13 | EDD 5.5.14 | Simon Francis, Due Date Baby!

• Options
    none.  I do know someone who just named their baby girl Adelaide.

If you're going to call her Ada, why not just use that as her full name?  My friend's daughter is Ada and I love it!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    I don't know any, but I think it's a beautiful name!

imageimage
    Beautiful Baby Girl born May 28, 2014

• Options
    Don't know anyone with the name Adeline( pretty name), but I know one adalyn (different pronunciation).
  • Options
    I'm so happy that it's not super popular. I think that is officially our winner! @MrsT2008 I see us calling her Adeline a lot more than Ada and I like it much more. Just wanted to specify that when a nickname is used it wouldn't be Addie/Addy.
  • Options
    I don't know what state you are in, but you can check out the social security lists by state to give you a better idea about the popularity in your specific area!

https://ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/state/?h
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    I know of one and she is about 17 months.

Also, my mother's name is a form of Adeline, but spelled younikeely.
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • Options
    MrsT2008 said:
    I don't know what state you are in, but you can check out the social security lists by state to give you a better idea about the popularity in your specific area!

https://ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/state/?h

Im in Canada and it was number 239 in 2012 here. With all of the popularity complaints on the baby names board I thought this was a new fad name. Thankfully, that doesn't look like the case.
  • Options
    I don't know of any and I love the name. Doooooooooooo it.

• Options
    I have never heard of this name. I like it!
    TTC since 10/11
    Me, 26- Normal. DH, 28- Low morphology (2-4%)
    August 2013 100mg Clomid+TI=BFP!
    Beta #1,2,3=136, 1351, 5328
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    I know an Adelaide spelled "Adelai"
  • Options
    I know a 3 year old Adeline. I like the name.
  • Options
    Old manager from work named his DD Adaline in October. My DD's NN is Ada (for Amanda, but don't ask me why. I don't remember).
  • Options
    DD is Adalyn (her NN is Addy). I don't know any Adelines personally or other Adalyns but once in a while I hear those names. I did just get an email about names from some baby site that said Adelynn was a trendy name, which I thought was funny bc I don't know any others besides my daughter.
  • Options
    Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    edited January 2014
    My great aunt is Adeline (Add-a-line) and she is 89 years old. I also know 3 under 5.  I used to think I would use this name for a girl but I don't like that it's a rising trend. 

ETA: My aunts nicknames were Dally, Addy, Dell, and Della . My great grandpa used to have to yell at her to not Dilly Dally and then realized it was part of her name so it stuck. Her siblings, friends, or teachers called her Addy, Dell, or Della.
    “On the Road that I have taken, one day walking I awaken, amazed to see where I've come, where I'm going, where I'm from.” ― Dean Koontz, The Book Of Counted Sorrows

Baby Ansan 1-21-13
    Stephanie 5-23-97
    3rd baby due 5-5-14
  • Options
    A co-worker just had a daughter in November and named her Adaline (after the Dad's grandmother).

• Options
    I don't know an Adeline, but I know an Adalynn (nn Addy and she's 1) and an Adale.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love that name and don't know any, including among all my friends with children.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My friends daughter is an adalynn....same name, different spelling
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    I only know one and she's older (80's probably).
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"