Illinois Babies
Options

Chicago- northwestern women's associates vs. the women's group northwestern

Hello, I am 40 and ttc after 2 MC. I have always gone to to northwestern women's health associates. Have been considering looking into someone who specializes in more ttc after 40. Anyone familiar with the women's group of northwestern?

Re: Chicago- northwestern women's associates vs. the women's group northwestern

• Options
    I saw dr. Lui at women's group of northwestern until I needed to see an RE. She's a great doc. I am not a fan of the practice in general as I found them more focused on money than patient care. If you read the reviews on yelp you'll see that there are several that are negative about this practice. I think you could do better. GL!

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    Ive been going to the womens group of NW for about 7 years now (am expecting our first in April).  Ive had no real issues that make me want to go elsewhere, other than now that ive moved to the suburbs i'll look for a practice closer to home.  

Ive had my fair share of procedures (not related to pregnancy or ttc) but have never felt them as money hungry.  The things that I specifically like is that its an all-female practice, ive enjoyed meeting all the doctors and nurses (currently doing the rounds since im nearing the end of my pregnancy), you can call ahead to see how your doctors schedule is running, the practices proximity to the hospital, and the patient portal where you can make appointments, get your lab work emailed to you, etc., and I would recommend them to anyone who asks me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've gone to the women's group of northwestern for the past 5 years. I had my DD and then multiple losses before successfully having DS. The docs at the women's group are all good in my opinion. Dr. Lui actually delivered my DD and was fantastic. They were all also very supportive and proactive during my miscarriages and recommended an RE for me when we needed it. I have never felt that they were money hungry. My only complaint is that they are often running behind and you end up waiting a long time for you appointment.
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.