January 2013 Moms
Options

OAD lurker

I think we have two around here who are OAD, I've been lurking on the OAD board a ton lately because DH keeps insisting that he wants to be done. I'm a fence sitter. 

Any other fence sitters? What's your story? 

Those who are one and done - why? Have you done anything permanent yet to guarantee that OAD status?

Re: OAD lurker

• Options
    I'm a fence sitter as well, while my DH is insistent that we are OAD.
    I loved being pregnant, the amazing feeling of cuddling your baby for the first time, and I would like for Ava to have a playmate. I had a sister, and even though we were 7 years apart, it was nice as we got older, especially on vacations, etc. I wouldn't want to wait so long though, but I like the idea of her having a sibling to connect with.
    On the other hand, DD was a very difficult baby, especially as a newborn. She had colic and cried for at least 3 hours a day up until about 4 months. She wouldn't lay down by herself for over a month, and holding her 24/7 was nice but exhausting. I couldn't even go to the bathroom. Also, we want to be able to financially provide for Ava in a nicer fashion. We want to travel and go to Disney World, which are things we may not be able to do if we had another, since we couldn't afford daycare for 2 and I would have to be a SAHM. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, it just isn't my ideal situation. She is also very attached to me and jealous if I hold any other babies so I question how she would be with another baby.
    I don't know if my reasons seem kind of silly, but that is our thought process.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    kittynap said:
    I'm not really a fence sitter, I always imagined we'd have 2 children. But I am surprised when I think about it, how much I can see the allure of OAD.

That's how I feel too. Sometimes OAD sounds nice, but I know that my husband will not be having that! He would love for me to be pregnant already, but that's not happening!

For me it's the allure of simplifying life a little, being able to travel easier, less expense, less worry about childcare, etc.

But at the end of the day I love the experience of being a mom and I want to do it again and be able to be a little calmer next time! Plus my sister, sister-in-law and a bunch of people I know are pregnant right now so I'm sure I'll be catching baby fever before long!

My mother was an only child however and she says that she never wished she had a sibling. She has lots of friends and is close with her cousins/aunts/uncles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"