February 2014 Moms
Options

Welcome to my vadge.

Anyone else bummin' that their relationship with their midwife/doctor is about to take a whole 'nother turn? It's been so nice just chatting it up and getting to know my midwife and now I have to introduce her to my vadge. LOL. I know it's no big deal and I'm not embarrassed but I wish I could get away without poking and prodding my lady parts. I had to have a cervical check two appointments ago and YEOW that was so not fun.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014

Re: Welcome to my vadge.

• Options
    Other than the strep b test, I'm probably done with cervical checks. Mine has been messed with so much from shortening and PTL symptoms- I asked my dr today if we could skip them and she said yes until I am in labor.
  • Options
    Other than the strep b test, I'm probably done with cervical checks. Mine has been messed with so much from shortening and PTL symptoms- I asked my dr today if we could skip them and she said yes until I am in labor.
    Aww man. That's awesome. My MW doesn't really do cervical checks unless I want them or there's a serious need so hopefully I will be able to get away with very very few. I have GBS this week so that should be fun. Yay for anal swabs!

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been getting cervical checks since the very beginning. The poking and prodding is kind of important.. and its not as bad as pushing a baby out. By then you won't care who is poking around down there!

• Options
    I kind of like getting cervix checks.  I mean, I don't like my OB elbow deep in my hooha, but I like knowing what's going on with my body.  Even if it doesn't mean much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    HAHA! Elbow deep. That's sure as heck what they feel like!!!

• Options
    SStinson1 said:

HAHA! Elbow deep. That's sure as heck what they feel like!!!

My old OB that delivered DS had gigantic freakin hands. I always pictured them the size of those foam fingers you get at football games.

• Options
    I've not had any cervical checks yet and no need to introduce the midwife/OB to my vadge....is this something else to look forward to? :(
  • Options
    @bribbon I don't use OBGYN for L&D. I use a midwife, so it's like having a new doctor to introduce your vadge to. Like I said, NBD...but all I know is when I had my first cervical check a week and a half ago, it hurt like hell. Clearly I know birth will be painful, but not looking forward to getting my vadge poked at over and over again. With a pap, you get it once a year and you're done and while those aren't fun or feel good either, a quick swab once doesn't really hurt that badly. All I was saying is I wish I could just have this baby without poking at my vadge in the weeks leading up to labor.

• Options

Between paps, ultrasounds with the dildo cam and other appointments, so many people have met my vag, what's a few more? :)

My thoughts exactly.
    You need to check down there? Go for it. Good luck.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    No one has seen my vag for months, not even me! Well I guess my boyfriend has, but he no longer considers it interesting
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Eh, I just don't care. I never bat an eye at medical stuff. Probably because I am a nurse and I've been on both sides. Trust me when I say your private parts aren't that special to us.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"