Stay at Home Moms
Options

S/o jobs and careers

If you are planning on going back to work at some point in future, will you go back to the same field? I only ask because I'm thinking of making a total change. I'm even thinking about going back to school part time so I will be marketable when I'm ready to go back. It's a scary thought because I invested so much time and money into my previous education and career (attorney) but I was miserable. DH is supportive and encouraging it.

Re: S/o jobs and careers

• Options
    I was a paralegal, I'd kind of like to go back to school for nursing but not sure how I'd do that logistically. It's more likely I'll do something in the administrative field that's at least similar to my old job.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    If I go back when dd starts first grade, probably. If I extend it further than that ill work on my masters while the kids are in middle school and start working when they are in high school.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't want to go back to what I used to do but I don't know what I would want to do. We don't have any plans for me to return to work though, so I have time to figure it out

• Options
    maybe.

may teach instead- college or grad classes for CJ majors.
  • Options
    Absolutely not. I was a legal assistant for 14 years and I will never go back to that. I actually have an orientation at the local community college the end of January. I'm thinking about getting a certificate in early childhood education to be a preschool teacher's aid. If I do go back to work someday, I'd love to work with little children.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not going back to work bc we still want more wee-ones but I told DH if I have to get a job, I would love to be a police woman ;)
  • Options
    Eventually I will go back, but it won't be to the payroll/HR that I was doing before.  I am half done my Bachelor of Education, so once we are finished having kids and they are in school themselves, I will go back and finish my degree.  Then I'll work probably as an aid or as a sub so I don't have the stress of teaching, but I am still using my degree.  Once my kids are older, I'll probably try and get my own classroom.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    I was an accountant (not tax). Yes, I will probably go back into it. I like the work.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    I will go back to my former field if we need/want the money but I'd prefer to do something more creative if we can continue to swing it. My degree is in the visual arts so that is where my passion is.
  • Options
    Probably, but not necessarily. I'm a nurse, so there's a huge range of job options I could pursue in a variety of work environments anyways... but DH and I are also really interested in doing overseas humanitarian work related to his training, and then nursing would just be a hand skill to have. We've also been approached about taking over as the directors of the children's program we run in our city for the whole of our province... that's very tempting but the current directors won't be retiring for a few more years and nothing's for sure. DH is also thinking seriously about enlisting in the Canadian navy for further job training as early as this year, so that would change everything... all our plans for our future. 

We'll see. I'd be happy and excited to return to work as a nurse in the exact same capacity as before, and I'd be equally into doing something completely and radically different. We're just waiting to see how it all goes... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yes and no. I will go back to teaching it is my passion, and I like the hours as a working mom. I will not go back to doing ABA. The hours are just not good for me and DH to work with daycare or after school care.
  • Options
    Probably. I was a teacher and loved it. I'm working pt for a curriculum development/teacher training company, so I might end up doing more with that, though I did love being in the classroom. I only wouldn't go back if I ended up home-schooling my kids.
  • Options
    If i ever went back to work, it would not be doing what I did previously.
  • Options
    Probably. I was a special ed teacher with an emphasis in autism and behavioral therapy and I loved it. Plus my hours were pretty flexible.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I would love to have my own business.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd really like to go back to school to do nursing.
  • Options
    I am nut sure if I will go back to teaching or not. I loved it but it has changed. I also let my certification expire and will have to go back to school to recertify. I may go to school for something different. I am not sure
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'll still work in the same field but I'd like get my masters so I can advance and earn more.
  • Options
    I also worked in non-profit/social services. My particular specialty was very fulfilling but also very exhausting mentally and emotionally. I think I would like something a little less stressful if I ever decide to go back.
    "When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew." -Shakespere
  • Options
    My teaching job will be held one more year and most likely, I will return. I'm kind of done though. I may just contract with a tutoring company or decide to just be a teacher's aide. They aren't salaried, but it would be a lot less stressful. I've already started a few small jobs working from home now, so maybe I can somehow turn them into actual careers...that's the dream.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"