July 2014 Moms
Options

Very Belated Intro

I’ve been lurking and occasionally posting, and I started thinking that I should give my formal “hello”…

After being told 8 years ago that I couldn’t have kids (shoddy fallopian tubes), and my husband being told that he would have a difficult time (testy issues), the stars and the moon aligned and I’m now 13 weeks pregnant.

We’re incredibly happy about it, the only downside is that he’ll be deploying again within the next few months and not returning until the baby is a few months old. I’m not living near any family and I only have one good friend in the area I’m living in, so I’m a little nervous of what’s in store. On the plus side, I know how to keep myself busy and I can’t tell you how much I enjoy you ladies!

Here’s hoping for a healthy 9 months for all of us J

Re: Very Belated Intro

• Options
    Congrats!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you came out of the shadows and welcome
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Welcome!! :)

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Congrats! And thank you and your hubby for your service. We waited until after a deployment to start trying. The military has a knack for messing up the best laid plans. I hope you have a smooth pregnancy and deployment.
  • Options
    congrats and welcome. we are glad you are here!
  • Options
    Congrats!!!! It's so amazing how doctors tell you this and that and yet our bodies do some incredible things. You are not alone on your husband not being there when the baby is born. My husband will do a short deployment either late May or June and will not be here for our baby's birth (this is our first). We just recently moved to a new state with no family near plus no friends...at least none of my friends lol. So I totally understand where you are coming from.
  • Options

Thanks for all the welcomes- this website has been so nice for advice and camaraderie.

My BFP was such a shock that my Dh actually thought I was playing a Halloween prank on him; he told me that he wouldn’t believe me until I saw a Dr for a blood test lol.

Prior to the BFP, I had actually been going to the Dr for about two weeks trying to figure out what was wrong with me. At first the Dr didn’t even bother considering that I could be pregnant given my history. Rather they had me getting all kinds of allergy panel tests and specialty food intolerance diets. That positive test was the biggest shock I’ve ever had in my life.  

• Options
    Welcome :) Sorry to hear that your DH won't be around for the LO's arrival but I am sure you will do fine.

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow may never come. There is only the miracle of this moment. Savour it. It is a gift. 

-- Unknown

Prepping TC - 1/2012 - TTC 4/13  **Prepregnancy diabetic - Hypertension - PCOS - Hypothyroidism** BFP#1 - 11/27/13 -EDD -- 7/26/14 - Lost our little sprite on 1/1714BFP#2 - 6/13/14 -- EDD - 2/12/15 -- 10wk U/S -172 HBM & right on track Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    @Knbh  I don't mean to post 3 months late, but TB never notified me of my tag.  Welcome!  Deployments are tough but completely manageable if you take it a day at a time.  My husband deployed days after we conceived (but didn't know it yet) and he just got back last week.

• Options
    Hello and Welcome! 
    image.
  • Options
    Hi there! Congrats.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    KnbhKnbh member
    @Pooka8, I'm glad that your husband's back home. It's the best feeling in the world seeing them after such a long time. Three months late or not, it's always nice to have an extra "welcome" :)
  • Options
    Wow! Congrats and welcome :)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"