March 2014 Moms
Options

So, baby is apparently YOOOOUGE!

Had my US yesterday at 29 weeks to see if my placenta has slithered off my cervix.  Yes, it has in fact managed to do so, so yay!  
However, baby was estimated at 3 lb 8 oz and is in the 90th percentile.  So that's interesting!  

I'm not super worried as my son measured in the 80th percentile for most of my pregnancy, and was a very reasonable 7 lb 10 oz when we did the section at 39 weeks (breech baby).  But I know that I will end up with some extra monitoring as we are planning on trying for a VBAC and there's an upper baby size limit they will be cool with.  

Yup, I know that ultrasound estimates can be off by about a pound either way.  Just sharin'.  
Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image     image

Re: So, baby is apparently YOOOOUGE!

• Options
    DD was 10lbs,1oz at 39wks. For me the actual measurements are a better indicator of size than estimated weight. We knew at 32wks when her head was measuring 37wks that we were dealing with a toddler baby. That said, I never believed them that she'd be as big as they were guessing...and then she ended up being bigger. I'm very curious to see if this will be another 10 pounder!
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    At 30 weeks 1 day my twins measured 3 lbs 5 oz and 3 lbs 9 oz. I'm not sure what percentile that puts them at but based on your post I'm guessing pretty high!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Check out my blog: http://blondheimtwins.blogspot.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vineyardmel you are a hero! I couldn't even imagine!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At 30 weeks 1 day my twins measured 3 lbs 5 oz and 3 lbs 9 oz. I'm not sure what percentile that puts them at but based on your post I'm guessing pretty high!
    For twinnies I'm guessing YOOOOOOUGE squared.  ;) 

Me and my Kiwi, both 38.  We struggled with RPL and were blessed with Micah.  I'm a full custody stepmom to Ethan!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image     image

• Options
    I'm worried too, sinc I'm trying for a VBA2C and I feel like this baby is enormous. It feels so much bigger than my others. But my Dr is totally laid back about VbACs but I know at my last practice, they would have used any excuse to try to deny a VBAC . I would probably refuse any future u/s unless there was a huge medical need, so there'd be no argument over the "big baby" excuse.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"