July 2014 Moms

Hilarious things men say

Had our 12 week scan yesterday, everything looking good, moving around tons, heartbeat 159. Feeling pretty happy about stuff.

Then, in the car afterwards, this comes out of DH's mouth:

"He said he can't tell yet if it's a girl or a boy, but he pointed out the diaphragm so it must be a girl, only girls have those!"

Could. Not. Stop. Laughing. 

Then I decided we are moving because there is no way baby will be going to the same school as DH, lol. 

Please feel free to share your own "hilarious things men have said to me lately" or I might just spend NYE laughing/crying myself to sleep.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hilarious things men say

• Loading the player...
  • My brother (a nurse) offered to check my cervix during early labor so I wouldn't have to sit in ER forever. I said, Nah dude, just bring me something to eat while I wait.

Yeah that would just seem too weird lol!
  • These are great :)
  • Right before DS was born, DH asked me how old the baby would be when "his ears opened".... Like a dog.
    That is precious!
  • bkaylaw17 said:

My DH was looking at a friend's ultrasound and they (a group of guys) were talking about the sex of the baby and if it was a boy or girl. My DH chimes in and says that it's a boy because I can't see it's boobs! I died laughing!!!!!

Baby girls can be born with boobs but I'm not sure how common it is, but yeah I see what you are saying. I wonder what sex the baby was though!
  • My H knows absolutely nothing about babies (he's reading books and learning now, though!) When we first discussed breast feeding, I said I would really like to do it if I'm able to, but explained that it doesn't always work for everyone. He looked at me and asked in all seriousness "you may not be able to breast feed because your boobs are small?" #-o
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• "I'll be Impressed when your belly is bigger than mine" - when I was convinced a tiny little bump started to form.

Other than that, he's all about checking out the WTE app and about reading my updates on the ovia pregnancy app (I think the best mobile accessible info) and he's super interested in what's going on. I'm sure I'll hear him say something sooner or later! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DH insists that I need to read to the baby so it will be smart... now. I keep trying to explain to him that it can't even hear me yet!
    Married since June 2008

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
    TTC Post Chemotherapy
    Unexplained Infertility

DH- SA Normal, Lap on 8/8/13
    BFP! 11/7/13 EDD 07/15/14 changed to 07/23/14 after first u/s

My Ovulation Chart

• My DH asked me if the baby can hear yet, and we looked it up together. Then he was all "Okay! Starting at 16 weeks we're playing metal ALL THE TIME!!!"

Um, hell and no. :) But I thought it was cute. :)

DH played iron maiden ALL THE TIME when I was preg with DD and my belly would go nuts! She's two know and when she gets in the car she yells "maiden momma MAIDEN!!!!"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited January 2014
    Quote" rel="funnibunni80">My DH asked me if the baby can hear yet, and we looked it up together. Then he was all "Okay! Starting at 16 weeks we're playing metal ALL THE

Um, hell and no. :) But I thought it was cute. :)

My DH had the exact same response. He wants me to get mini speakers for my belly. *eye roll*

Eta: quoting from phone is hard.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • My DH asked me if the baby can hear yet, and we looked it up together. Then he was all "Okay! Starting at 16 weeks we're playing metal ALL THE TIME!!!" Um, hell and no. :) But I thought it was cute. :)
    DH played iron maiden ALL THE TIME when I was preg with DD and my belly would go nuts! She's two know and when she gets in the car she yells "maiden momma MAIDEN!!!!"
    Haha, we played Skillet for my goddaughter in the womb and when she was being delivered. We now have a headbanging and moshing 3 year old. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH asked me if the baby can hear yet, and we looked it up together. Then he was all "Okay! Starting at 16 weeks we're playing metal ALL THE TIME!!!" Um, hell and no. :) But I thought it was cute. :)
    At eight months pregnant with my son, I went to a Metallica concert.  Guess what kind of music my son likes now. ha ha ha
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daniella Josephine born July 7, 2014
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • To preface, I've been eating A LOT of baby carrots the past few days. Well tonight, my husband finished the ice cream, I found out when I went to go get some. So I said something and he said to me it's been In there for 3 days. I said well you didn't ask if The pregnant one wanted any chocolate ice cream. His response was well, I'll save you some baby carrots. I looked at him and just laughed and was like, really? Gotta love my hubby.
  • When I told DH I had drafted a tentative birth plan to discuss with the doctor and I wanted him to look at it and see if he had anything to add, his reply text was "Push, scream, baby comes out vagina... end birth plan. Oh, I forgot breathe... you might not want to forget that part." I may or may not have snorted Sierra Mist out my nose.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"