Baby Names
Options

Name the Twins Contest!

Twins are on their way! If you want a chance to name them please submit your entries into this discussion: 

My favorite names so far: 

Girl
Ava Lucia
Aria Lee 

Boy
Leo St. John
Daniel Leonardo 

We are interested in names that are traditional or unique but sound strong for a male and sweet for a female.  In our favorites listed above, the middle names are family names which have significance to us but we aren't 100% set on having family names as middle names either. 

What do you think of the names we chose?
What are some of your suggestions for names that we can also consider?

If we choose your selected name(s), we will post it to this discussion. 

Elle & Em Kay 

Re: Name the Twins Contest!

• Options

Whose twins are on the way? Also, what do we win?

I like Ava Lucia and Daniel Leonardo, but if Daniel Leonard was a contender that would be my vote.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    I vote Aria Lee and Daniel Leonardo! Aria and Daniel...very nice twin set.
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you win.. your name and selection gets posted on the discussion.. its just for fun. I hope that is enough to get people to help with names :) Maybe I shouldn't have put the word "Contest" on the heading .. I got a little excited. I hope whoever looks at this discussion still wants to help with names though. 

Also thanks for your opinion, I see how Leonard kind of flows a little better than Leonardo. I could possibly even shorten it to Leo. 
  • Options
    OK then. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't get a chance to name "the twins"...

I like Ava and Daniel.

What do I win??
  • Options
    If you win.. your name and selection gets posted on the discussion.. its just for fun. I hope that is enough to get people to help with names :) Maybe I shouldn't have put the word "Contest" on the heading .. I got a little excited. I hope whoever looks at this discussion still wants to help with names though. 

Also thanks for your opinion, I see how Leonard kind of flows a little better than Leonardo. I could possibly even shorten it to Leo. 

I was just teasing you about the contest.
    ;)

Good luck!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options

Leonardo is 100 times more awesome than Leonard IMO.

I choose Leo & Aria.

Where's the confetti?! Where's my trophy?! WHERE IS THE MUSIC?! :D

• Options
    elleceekayelleceekay member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks everyone! I do like the names I suggested as well as your opinions which are all great suggestions ... but unfortunately I am not 100% sold on these names either. I am open to other suggestions as well.

This name thing is way more difficult than I had ever imagined. 
  • Options
    I like Ava and Leo but not St.john what about Leo Daniel.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I do like the names I suggested as well as your opinions which are all great suggestions ... but unfortunately I am not 100% sold on these names either. I am open to other suggestions as well.

This name thing is way more difficult than I had ever imagined. 
    When are you due?  You don't have to decide right now.  You can always take a few names to the hosp and decide there.

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    That is a great idea .. to decide at the hospital. I hear a lot of people have names in mind and then in the hospital they pick a totally different name because their baby doesn't fit the name they thought they were going to choose. 
  • Options

I'm unsure if these are your style but I'm going to suggest some & you may find them as inspiration.

Boy -

Gunner / Gunnar
    Luca
    Ewan (pn You-an)
    Rhett
    Sterling
    Miles
    Milo
    Dexter nn Dex
    Xavier
    Wyatt
    Chandler
    Keegan
    Brock
    Clay
    Trent
    Tristan
    Jude

Girls -

Katherine
    Anastacia
    Vivica
    Danica
    Bianca
    Elle
    Ahrie (PN Are-Ee) (similar to your Aria)
    Eden
    Naomi
    Stella
    Sasha
    Gwyneth
    Hattie

• Options
    edited December 2013
    MelRC117 said:

Ava Lucia is nice but if you have GG Ava and Aria are too close, especially for twin sisters.  I also don't like Aria Lee...it just all smooshes together. I love Lucia and will push for Ava and Lucia to be the FNs.  Other ideas: Daniela, Lydia,...that's all I've got

I like both Daniel and Leo but kind of perfer Daniel and using Leonardo NN Leo.  It just seems odd for Leo as a FN for one and Leonardo as a MN for the other, especially for twin brothers.  Also, the L of Daniel and the L of Leonardo smoosh together. Other ideas: Michael, Alexander, Caleb, Patrick, Joseph, Robert, Andrew

I'm not always huge on sibsets "going together", really only dislike things when they're too matchy.  Naming twins though I think it should be considered because you know that you are naming them at the same time KWIM?  I feel when something is cutesy in a sibset or too matchy it bugs me, but when the children are multiples I just think its even more silly.

I hear what you're saying about Ava and Aria being very similar .. I didn't even realize that.. thanks for pointing it out. I like Lucia too but I fear the NN Lucy coming of it as a FN and I don't personally like Lucy. If it was 2 boys and we decided Daniel and Leo than the MN for Daniel wouldn't be Leonardo. I definitely don't want to get matchy or smooshy especially with boys. 

I think Ava and Daniel are my favorites so far for FN's .. but I guess I am stuck on a second girl and second boy name. Not going to find out the gender until birth so will need a few names for each to keep in mind. Unless its a boy and a girl.. that would be just perfect. haha. 

I cant use Michael, Alexander, or Andrew - those are already in the family. There are 4 Michaels in our family and it is just silly when one person calls "Michael" and they all answer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Skeemer - thanks for the name suggestions .. I do like Luca but a few of my friends used that name for their sons so I think its off limits. Katherine is beautiful but its my Aunt's name so I want to stay away from that. I am Elle so that would be weird. haha. The other names are nice but perhaps not for us.  

Does anyone else find that when you hear a name, it reminds you of someone that you know and it sometimes sweetens the name or if you don't really prefer the person it can ruin a nice name? 

• Options

No problem, maybe something there will make you think of another name you like a lot.

Oh yes. The names Nathaniel & Joshua are the names that DH & I can't stand because we know obnoxious people. The shame is that I truly love Joshua but just can't use it because of this hang up we both have with it.

• Options
    I like Aria and Leonardo. But here's more suggestions:

Luca, Graham, Miles, Francis, Scott, Patrick, Carson, David, Jack, Henrik, Micah, Louis, Cary, Vincent, James, Grady, Spencer, Simon, Deacon, Finn, Ian

Maris, Luna, Gianna, Anya, Elise, Cora, Corinne, Daphne, Francesca, Elin, Greta, Gwyneth, Theresa, Magnolia, Briar, Louisette, Fiona, Bethany, Tabitha, Wren, Serafina, Garnet, Bridget
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options

Dominic Mateo or Dante Leonardo

Elena Juliet or Aria Lucia

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    This is great and giving me many different ideas! thanks so much everyone. 
    I have a cousin named James .. I love that name .. actually I love James Alexander but I don't want 2 guys in the family named James.. what a shame :(  My family is quite large (35 of us - aunts uncles cousins on my dad's side and about the same on my other half's moms side.) so not duplicating names can become quite the challenge. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"