May 2014 Moms
Options

Any moms of a CDH baby?

My 20 week scan revealed that our little girl(!) has congenital diaphragmatic hernia. I'm devastated for so many reasons. It seems like this is fairly rare so might be a long shot, but does anyone on here have experience with this? Neither the Special Needs nor High Risk Pregnancy boards really fit this situation.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any moms of a CDH baby?

• Options
    I do not have any experience, and I honestly did not know what the condition was... after reading up on it I understand why you are worried and although I can't give you any advice I just wanted to say that you and your little girl are in my prayers. I am sure that you have amazing doctors and they will do everything they can one she it's born. Thoughts prayers and hugs your way....
  • Options
    There are varying degrees of this, therefore the outcomes also vary greatly. I would recommend starting to find a pediatric surgeon now that you are comfortable with and confident in. You'll need to be followed and your OB and pediatric surgeon will need to communicate so they can formulate a plan based on the severity of the hernia. You'll obviously need to deliver at a hospital with a level 3 NICU that has experience with these babies. I'm not sure where you're located, but CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia) or Boston Children's are good options.
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you and your little girl breeze through this and do great. Thoughts and prayers for you guys!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LLolaBean, my local children's hospital is one of those you mentioned. :) They actually want me to deliver there to ensure that transitions/change are minimized for the baby rather than the university hospital at which I was going to deliver.

Thank you both for your kind words! We're excited for our little girl, but really nervous. I'm also finding myself mourning a "normal" pregnancy/birth like I had last time. :(

• Options
    I have no knowledge of that condition, but wanted to wish you and your baby girl the best!!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"