TTC After a Loss
Options

ironic - what does this say about me? (m/cs mentioned)

For my job, we have to compile (in a very particular way, I hate tedium...) all of the accomplishments over the past calendar year. As I have been doing it this evening, I am impressed with how much I achieved.

The twelve months of the portfolio have been  part of a 15 month period where we had; 3 IVF, 2 FET, 3 pregnancies, 3 m/c, and 3 d&c, 1 gestational carrier match found (and medical, psych, and legal stuff all done).

While my personal life has been shattered a gazillion times over, my professional life has flourished. I can't help but wonder what (if anything) this means.

Anyone else have this pattern in their lives?

PS Feel free to ignore: it's late, I'm in an analytical (self-critical) mood, mh is oot bc he is on call for work. All of this is a dangerous combo.
TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
FET #1 December 2012, BFN
FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

Re: ironic - what does this say about me? (m/cs mentioned)

• Options
    I'm in a similar boat. My personal life has been a wreck this year but I finally got the promotion I've been working so hard for and looking back at what I accomplished at work over the last 10 months is pretty impressive. I work hard all of the time, but I really throw myself into my work when things are rough I guess. 

((Hugs)) that you're having a self-critical night. 
    ~*~ 
    1 man. 1 woman.
    1 cancer diagnosis. 1 victory.
    1 second term loss. 3 first term losses.
    No one giving up. Ever.
    ~*~
    Everyone Welcome! 

• Options
    OP, you sound like you are a very organized and thorough person. So it makes sense that you would have professional success! It also sounds like, from reading what you wrote about your journey, that you have done research and are following a plan.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lincoln79, I would not be self-critical. I would congratulate myself for being so successful professionally, despite tremendous heartache outside of work. I think TTCAL women are amazing, because despite all that is happening, we carry on. Congrats on your professional success over the past 15 months. I know that I throw myself into succeeding at things that I can control, such as teaching and running, because all of the baby stuff is not in my control.
    Nicely put and great job Lincoln79 on a flourishing professional life!

The semester I lost Zachary, I carried 15 units, raised my GPA, and was on the executive board of our law review. I simplified where I needed to simplify and focused on the stuff that had to get done.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think since this part of our lives is something that is out of our control we focus our energies in areas we can. I am the same way, I've made amazing strides at work, started volunteering teaching classes, and helped my friend with a side business.

I think it's wonderful they have you list out what you have done, it often gets lost in the day to day.

Congratulations on all your professional accomplishments this past year!

"It's, not, where you are, it's where you're going,
    And it's, not, about the things you've done, it's what you're doing, now"

TTC Journey Began 8/12
    BFP #1 11/9/12, MMC/D&C 12/21/12 @ 9w2d, EDD 7/24/13
    SAs: 2%-3% Morph - RE Official Diagnosis
    Unexplained
     BFN = IUI #1 (Clomid) | IUI #2 (Letrozole) 
    BFP #2 4/19/14 = IUI #3 (Letrozole)
    Expecting Our Elf 12/27/14
    ~All Welcome~

• Options
    I also believe since I don't have control in my life right now, my drive is to control things that I can, like work. I am a very type A, OCD personality and it helps to just dive head first at work and try to not think about anything else while I'm there. I help manage a trauma unit so it always helps me to focus on what my patients are going through, and allows me to count my blessings. I'm very proud of you and impressed, as I have not faced near the battle you have. You must be a wonderful, strong woman!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"