July 2014 Moms
Options

NT Scan : take 2

I went for my NT scan on Tuesday (12w4d) and the scan looked good. Baby has a heart beat and 2 arms and 2 legs etc but the baby wouldn't move so they could take the neck measurements they were after. They got me to walk around the building twice in an attempt to move the baby. It was happy to stay in the same position, so I'm going back on Friday for another attempt. Has this happened to anyone else? They told me it happens a lot.

Re: NT Scan : take 2

• Options
    I had the NT scan on Friday.  The baby was so bouncy and jiggly that it kept rolling around and throwing up its arms.  When it did stay put, she kept urging it to move so she could measure.  At one point she said she was going to jiggle my belly, and I thought she meant have me stand up and move about, but she bounced the US wand up and down real fast against my uterus!  That was uncomfortable!  She was very patient though, and was lucky to get enough really good shots to measure.  The baby held the exact position she needed for only a split second at a time.  It was kind of funny, but I was worried she wouldn't get the measurements.  I hope your LO cooperates next time!  It really does depend on how they cooperate.  :)  I'm glad you got to take a peak at least.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Daniella Josephine born July 7, 2014
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    Yup. Just posted this yesterday. I go back tomorrow. Happened with my son also.
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This makes me very nervous since we go this Friday and it is the last possible day we qualify for the test. With the holidays it was difficult for us to schedule everything. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    They tried 3 times with dd and she was never in the position they needed so I finally just got the blood test part.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just scheduled mine today for the 15th. I've never had an ultrasound yet so I'm nervous as all hell for what we will see.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I thought id give you all an update. The LO behaved on the second attempt. So they got the image. The LO was waving.
  • Options
    Ours was being stubborn too! The tech had to jiggle things around a few times and even walk away and come back. Apparently our LO is a side sleeper =] I told DH it must be his child because they were being so stubborn! It was really cool to see the baby move when it finally decided to cooperate.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"