January 2014 Moms
Options

What is your New Year's Resolution?

Curious on if everyone is as Type A as I am and writes resolutions. Got any? Go!

I've got seven this year--yes, I am completely lame--and they include having more patience with my 4 year old and 2 year old, learning a new skill (knitting and crocheting), obtaining a Director level promotion at work that I've been after which is finally attainable this year, and reading 50 books (I have a feeling much of these will be done while late night nursing the new baby). I also joined a year-long photography group to try and actively improve on my skills--DH and I bought a nice DSLR camera when our 1st was born over 4 years ago and I'm still shooting on auto.

Will baby #3 be another girl?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

]

Re: What is your New Year's Resolution?

• Options
    megs12914megs12914 member
    edited December 2013
    I like yours and I might steal them. Well, not the director thing! I didn't have any but my first one is to stop stealing other people's ideas! :^o
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    To have a happy & healthy baby and to be a good mother.

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Options
    -Complete a marathon

-Stay married

-Have a lot of sex with MH

-Convince H we need a cleaning lady so I don't have to do it
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    To watch my mouth... Being married to a Marine and being around him and his friends has rubbed off on me pretty bad. Lol

To finish my last semester of school.

To allow myself to go to EDC in Las Vegas, even though I will miss my little man.

To be able to do enough squats to make my bootay look decent.

To be the best mum I can be.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    -Complete a marathon

-Stay married

-Have a lot of sex with MH

-Convince H we need a cleaning lady so I don't have to do it

Haha--#3 is also on my list and one of my seven (but I was blushing too much to add it to the posted list)--after this exhausting pregnancy, we need to get that back on track.

Will baby #3 be another girl?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

]

• Options
    Be the best mom I can be [which really means work on my patience with my 5-year-old and make the most of the special moments with my children]; run two 5Ks; not be as big of a procrastinator as I was this year.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    KaitiMac said:
    I just told DH tonight that mine is to lose 10lbs in 2014. I think I should be able to accomplish that by birthing this little monster. WIN. 
    Hey, that's mine, too!  (I think I said 15 pounds, whatever.)
  • Options
    Cook more. Usually my cooking consists of something out of a box.

And get into shape (read: get a butt!)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Try to cook at least two new meals a month.  We've been in a food rut over the past few months.

Work on getting our CC debt under control (DH lost a lot of hours earlier this year that put us in the Red)

More sex for us as well :) 

• Options
    I don't usually make set resolutions, but I always think about things I'd like to do to improve my life. Here's my list right now...

- Finish my BA (which should be done by June at the latest!!)
    - Read 25 books (I failed at this in 2013 because I didn't read for a big portion of this pregnancy because I've been so tired)
    - Get a better job
    - Cook more healthy meals
    - I also started us one of those jars that you write down all of the good things that happen over the year and put them inside it, and then read them all on New Years. I wanted to do it for 2013 but didn't, so I've already got it ready for 2014. I'm hoping that in doing this, I will be more able to focus on all of the positives in our lives. 
    - Try to do more random nice things for my family, just little things that will bring a smile to their day

• Options
    Mine is to finish my weight loss journey.  Before getting pregnant, I had lost over 70 pounds.  I look forward to getting the next 20-30 off this year.  I also want to get back into a good fitness routine.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Blogs

https://littlebirdconfections.wordpress.com/

https://heismightyquinn.wordpress.com/

• Options
    To have a baby...
  • Options
    - To have a healthy Baby and be a good mom. 
    - To help DH advance in his career as much as I can. 
    - To become more familiar with scripture, especially with my new Bible.
    - To keep in better contact with my grandparents.  

I think that's it.  I'm still just proud that I kept last year's and quit biting my nails!  lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image

• Options
    - Keep the baby alive (that's more of a goal than a reso, huh?)

- I WILL PAY OFF MY CREDIT CARD

- Lose baby weight by her 9 mo appt (I've heard 9 mos on, 9 mos off so I think I'm being pretty nice to myself allowing a whole 9 months...)

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • Options
    I have a few of them..

-Do "Insanity" or "T25" for at least 6 months of the year.
    -Fit back into my Lilly Pulitzer dresses by July.
    -Take weekend trips with DH and the kids at least 5 times next year.

There's more, but they're mostly business goals for 2014, so I don't really consider them "resolutions."
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    I don't usually do resolutions but I have a few goals that I want to accomplish in the next year

-Start exercising again and get healthier, try to lose the baby weight and then some
    -Be better with keeping up with the house work
    -Stop swearing - I don't want H and I to have such potty mouths in front of the baby (this is one of his resolutions)
    -Stay debt free while I'm on maternity leave (I'll only be making full wages for 20 of the 52 weeks I'll be off and will be making quite a bit less for the rest of the 32 weeks)
    -Start learning how to sew/quilt (got a sewing machine last Christmas and have yet to use it...)
  • Options
    1. Pay off my last credit card. 2. Enjoy maternity leave, bond with Lily, and get back to some of my hobbies. 3. Finish my ESL endorsement. 4. Keep DH a priority, not just for ST, but in general
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    My plan in to get back in shape (started t25 yesterday). And I want to get back into dance this year.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    - Drink more wine
    - Eat more chocolate
    - Have baby

baby development

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    For 2014, my goal is to stay completely gluten free. I also plan to go dairy free at some point to heal myself.

I'm hoping that choosing this new lifestyle/way of eating will help me lose weight (I was 280 prepreg). I'd like to lose 75-100lbs.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Options
    50 books is ambitious--I like it!!

I would like to lose the 24 pounds that I gained this pregnancy.  That should be pretty easy.
    I would like to go with the flow in terms of this baby and my career.  That is going to be hard.
  • Options
    I'd like to become a wonderful mom when my daughter gets here and show her that even though her father don't wanna be there, that I will always be a wonderful parent to her :)
  • Options
    These are more goals than resolutions but I will have to be resolute in my path to getting there so here goes:

1) Dave Ramsey budget all year long
    2) Run my first half marathon
    3) Pass boards
    4) Less technology, more hands on parenting
    5) For the first time ever, see life as a journey and not as a destination (I am finishing school in June- have been in school constantly for the past 24 years of my life so this will be a big change for me)
  • Options
    I don't do resolutions so much but goals for 2014:

1) Have baby; keep baby alive
    2) Resume ST with the Hubs
    3) Get back to yoga, running and eventually my favorite jeans
    4) Paleo 80% of the time
    5) Check baby for aliveness and that she does indeed like me.
    6) BUY OUR FIRST HOUSE
    7) reduction in swearing - specifically the F bombs. I just wish it didn't work so well in ever situation.

To echo @km_md on the Grateful jar for 2014 - YES! I want to focus our little family in the great things in our lives and make the grateful jar our tradition.

And @Deblondie1 GET THE CLEANING LADY. We both agree it's the best $$ we've ever spent! She comes once a month so it's not a free for all of being dirty or anything but we both weep with joy every time we walk in and she's been here. I am currently trying to convince the Hubs to have our come every other while I'm on Mat leave. Happy New Year everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"