Parenting after a Loss

BFers: The beginning of the end? (Rusalka) (XP)

adoxyinherearadoxyinherear member
edited December 2013 in Parenting after a Loss
So, DD is 16 months and she's been down to two nursing sessions a day since around her first birhday, once in the morning and once before bed, occasionally another in the MOTN but nothing serious. Last night at bedtime she was just fooling around and bit me twice - she never bites - so I just put her to bed. She STTN and while she woke and nursed in the morning, she wasn't real serious about it. Tonight at bedtime she wouldn't nurse at all, just kept pulling my shirt back down and asking for her pacifier. So I put her to bed and now she's fast asleep.

It's been my hope that she'd wean herself, but I guess I thought it wouldn't happen so soon? What have your experiences been like? MTIA for sharing your experiences!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: BFers: The beginning of the end? (Rusalka) (XP)

• Give it a few more days and you'll know for sure. I ended BFing with DS when he was 17 months old and prior to that it was a morning and evening feed then it was one feed per day and then every other day until we just stopped. He was not asking for the breast and at that time he started getting a drink with some light crackers before bedtime. It is bittersweet to end that part of your relationship but you will develop closer ties through other activities. 

I never had any issues with leaking or rock hard boobs at tho stage. I just really took my time with it. 
    DS born 2009
    BFP#2 ~ 8/2/11, EDD 4/11/12, D&C 9/12/11 at 9w5d
    BFP#3 ~ 4/15/12, EDD 12/21/12 ~ DD born 12/22/12
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • She has asked to nurse since, in the morning and at night, so maybe she was just having an off couple of days. I thought I was ready for her to wean, but I like our snuggles.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Has she asked to nurse again since?  I know it's bittersweet but in a way it is nice that you've been able to let her nurse as long as she wanted and are weaning on her terms, if she is deciding to self-wean.

My DD has never lost interest and if anything is more interested in "boobies" than ever. Though I do have to say it's adorable when she says "boobies" then looks up at me, smiles and says "peas?" ("please").  Even if DH is disturbed that she's asking for it.
    Also, that's kind of adorable.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"