October 2013 Moms
Options

pumping at work

I don't know if we spoke about this already but what do you ladies do with the part after you pump? do you wash them or rinse them or have extra parts for the next pump?

I'm going back to work this week and wondering what I should do after I pump.

Re: pumping at work

• Options
    I've seen several solutions:

1) Multiple sets of pump parts, using each set once.
    2) Washing in hot soap/water between pumps.
    3) Rinsing and refrigerating between pumps.

Just have to pick one that works for you.
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    for me it often changes depending on the day... some days I refrigerate, some I do a proper wash.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I rinse them and throw them back in my bag
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    I don't rinse between pumps one and two. Refrigerate in between two and three. Rinse after 3 and wash at night.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    I don't even rinse, I bag everything separately and wash at the end of the day. Even rinsing would be a challenge during the day, this works best for me.
  • Options
    I rinse with super hot water between pumps & air dry just because I'm not a fan of cold flanges :) My office is already freezing.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I use the medela bags that you put parts in and put In microwave for 2 min. It steams and sterilizes the parts. And you can use them for like 20-30 times per bag. They are awesome!
  • Options
    I'm planning to pump 3-4 times a day but I work 3 days a week usually 10 hours each day. I guess I'll just wash and pat dry the parts each time.
  • Options
    I'll probably just rinse in between uses. I hope to be able to just pump 2x a day, of course if 2 doesn't give me enough then I'll go up to 3, work knows its a priority for me. LO eats about every 3-4 hours now and between time at work and my short commute time I'll only be gone about 9hrs a majority of the time.

• Options
    I use the medela microwave bags too, very convenient.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

• Options
    Today was the first day & I refrigerated the parts & washed at home. I pump twice, but if supply starts to drop, I'll give up half my lunch break to pump a third time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I hate the idea of lugging my pump into work with me every day. So awkward.

physically awkward? Well leave it there and just take the dirty parts and bottles home..
  • Options
    I. pump 3 times a day.

8:30am nurse
    10:30 am pump
    1:30 pump
    5:30 pump
    7:30 nurse
  • Options
    I just rinse and refrigerate. But its rare that I pump more than once at work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• Options
    I plan to pump 3x a day at work. My room is upstairs and only refridgerator is downstairs and it would take a big chunk of time to walk back and forth. So my plan is to bring a small cooler bag with an ice pack to store my milk as well as pump parts. If breast milk can sit out for 8 hours, Im not real worried about my pump parts being cleaned every time. I just wash/sterilize on hot in e dishwasher each night.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers.
    image image image. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"