May 2013 Moms
Options

Pointless but has me rolling my eyes.

Saw this on a girl from my high school Facebook status.
"My child will never ever have a pacifier. Too me it's a hush up tool for lazy parents. So please do not buy any. They will be thrown away. :)"

It is exactly as she wrote it. Need I say more?
                          Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                        Anniversary
                        Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                       BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                  It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                           * July '15 January siggy challenge.*

Re: Pointless but has me rolling my eyes.

• Options
    Wow, is she pregnant and is this her first? If so, she will soon learn lol. I plan on weaning DD off her hers just before 1 but I think it's a wonderful soothing tool and has nothing to do with being lazy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Exactly! And yes it's her first, I was surprised by so many comments who agreed. One girl even said she wasn't putting her baby in a swing because it causes bad habits and that baby will sleep in a crib because that's what they are for.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
  • Options
    Lmao @PumpkinAndThePeanut! It's so true though...I love it when people make comments like those and have to eat their words lol

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Lol!  I wish LO took a pacifier!!   I regret not training him to use it...because now there is nothing but me and the bottle.
  • Options
    mslaurats said:
    Lol!  I wish LO took a pacifier!!   I regret not training him to use it...because now there is nothing but me and the bottle.
    ^This, exactly.
    ***Lauren*** Married my Love 07.12.08 - Baby #1 (Girl)-Cystic Hygroma & Turner's Syndrome-D&C at 13 weeks 03.29.12
  • Options
    You all crack me up image
                            Anniversary
  • Options
    emmy236 said:

Haha my SIL had a baby in September and gave me soooo much grief over every thing I did and vowed she'd never give him a paci, put in a bouncy chair, or have him sleep in their room. Over Christmas I saw her hammering in that paci while bouncing him the chair after he got up from a nap in their bedroom. I don't not feel bad at all watching it unfold.

See what I mean...had to eat her words lol

• Options
    Like others said first time parents that say never have oh sooo much to learn. With my 1st he would not take paci, he cried harder if he had it. Baby #2 loved it and used it all the time. Baby # 3 is like big brother and hates it too. I am sure after a day she will thinking about paci being lazy parenting this wayimage
    imageimage
                                  Audrey    05/13                                               Charlotte 08/10

Graydon 02/09
  • Options
    I wanted to wait about a month but they gave him one in the hospital when they did the circ.

Plus, I'd rather have something to calm him down vs screaming his head off.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    I get jealous when I see babies happily sucking on pacis.  Neither of my kids took one and I bought every damn brand the store had and tried for months.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Yeah, M took a pacifier like two times in her first month and that was it. Just like bottles, I've got a stash full of different pacifiers that she won't take. I gave up long ago, but man did I wish she would take one in those first several months!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well then I must be the laziest parent in all of the land, LOL. My baby girl loves her paci. She has liked to suck since she was born and it's very soothing to her. I hope she gives birth to a perfect baby who doesn't need a pacifier.
  • Options
    I thought I wouldn't give my kid a paci. Then I had a kid and was like "whoa" when sage started screaming. She refused it. I never posted a douchetastic status on Facebook about it though.
    I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • Options
    Please share the first paci picture she posts though! I'm pretty sure there will be one.
    I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • Options
    drhibbard said:

Please share the first paci picture she posts though! I'm pretty sure there will be one.

Oh I will lol.
                            Anniversary
  • Options

mslaurats said:

^This, exactly.

Same here!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    NJAZgirl said:

My kid uses pacis as his "loveys." I put like 4 in his crib. He will crawl around and gather them all together and fall asleep clutching them to his chest. Kid desperately needs a teddy bear. lol

This image has me CRACKING up!

• Options
    blush64blush64 member
    edited December 2013
    None of my kids used a pacifier but I would never call it lazy parenting at all. I did not try to get them used to one and we were fine, about half of my nieces and nephews have used them and they are all fine as well. Who could possibly care if somebody else's baby uses a pacifier?

Pacifier use is such a stupid thing to take a stand against.

Edit Crooked teeth can be caused by so many things, like genetics. Both of my sons needed braces and they didn't have a pacifier or suck their thumb or finger. For a pacifier to cause damage they would still need to be using it when they were near 5 or 6. (As far as the doctor and dentist told my sister)
  • Options
    One of her reasonings besides laziness was it causes buck teeth. image
                            Anniversary
  • Options
    Ahhhh the judgements I made before I knew any better..... but I never posted them on Facebook!!!!
  • Options
    One of my friends from high school said the same thing. Guess who's baby always has a wubbanub hanging out of her mouth!
  • Options

Never say never about anything.

Not out loud, anyway. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"