August 2013 Moms
Options

WFD?

I'm starving and can't stop thinking about food. What's on your menu for tonight?

Andplusalso, what's your favorite chicken recipe?
A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads

Re: WFD?

• Options
    Turkey noodle soup.
    My fav chicken recipe is chicken tikka from scratch! Yummy!
    imageimage
    Leo John, Born August 12th 2013

• Options
    nnikki10nnikki10 member
    edited December 2013
    Chicken and dumpling soup is in the crockpot.

Favorite chicken dish: chicken tacos in crockpot ( I love my crockpot). Taco seasoning mix, jar of salsa, couple chicken breasts, 1/4 cup oil 1/4 cup water. 5-6 hours on low and voila.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're having siracha and lime salmon and broccoli I think.

Favorite chicken recipe...hmm. I like roasting whole chickens w/ lemon, butter, and herbs. Super simple
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    Ever do the chicken in milk? That's probably my favorite. 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know yet.. I might make lasagne or manicotti's.

Leftover chicken. Mix in a casserole dish with mushroom soup... Add partially cooked veggies with it... Then put stuffing ontop.. Bake for like 45 mins. Mmmmmm
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • Options
    AprilRaineAprilRaine member
    edited December 2013
    I picked up grocery store sushi as a sort of pre-dinner (it's not quite 4pm here yet) and will make meatballs with browned-butter mashed potatoes and a salad for dinner when DH gets home around 7. I'm like a hobbit these days- I eat a lot of meals. :-)
    ETA: Favorite chicken recipie: Poppy seed chicken (the one with the crushed ritz on top), or any kind of spicy shredded chicken tacos. MMMmmmm
             image         image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I made herby chicken in my crock pot tonight. I have too many favorite chicken recipes to pick just one, but I do make a really good chicken scampi with Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup, garlic, and lemon juice.

• Options
    Michelle NMichelle N member
    edited December 2013
    We're having chicken pot pie for dinner. I can't even begin to pick a favourite chicken dish... I eat a LOT of it. I love chicken alfredo, enchiladas, kiev, and I am a little embarrassed to say, chicken fingers. Every time I went to a restaurant when I was a kid, I ordered chicken fingers. I don't love them any less, I've just learned to control myself and order grown up meals ;)
  • Options
    Wings, Pizza, and a beer :)

My favorite chicken recipe is  probably cilantro lime chicken in the crockpot.  Super easy and super delicious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Dinner - I have no clue. We have some sausages so maybe I'll cook those up, serve them over sauteed polenta with marinara, and do a side of broccoli.

Favorite chicken dish - I like to marinate a couple of chicken breasts in a nonfat greek yogurt with some salt/pepper and garlic. Then I just grill them. It's very lowfat and tasty. I like to leave a bit of the marinate on the side as a dipping sauce (not the stuff you put in with the chicken, obv.)
  • Options
    We are having Italian sausages on french rolls, and veggies on the side.

I am horrible when it comes to creativity with chicken.... I usually just make it with one of those stir in seasoning cubes, and cook it in the pan. BOOOORRRRIIINNNGGGG.... 

• Options
    nnikki10 said:

Favorite chicken dish: chicken tacos in crockpot ( I love my crockpot). Taco seasoning mix, jar of salsa, couple chicken breasts, 1/4 cup oil 1/4 cup water. 5-6 hours on low and voila.

What's your dumpling crock pot recipe?? :)
  • Options
    Making dh chicken soup with carrots, celery, onion, rice and cilantro...hes got nasty cold!
  • Options

nnikki10 said:

Yes would like this recipe too...dh loves dumplings and I've never made them. ..would love to surprise him with this!!
  • Options
    Dinner- ham and scalloped potatoes.
    Favorite chicken recipe- chicken breast drizzled in Caesar dressing topped with breadcrumbs.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    JaymeMac said:

nnikki10 said:

Yes would like this recipe too...dh loves dumplings and I've never made them. ..would love to surprise him with this!!
    Ok total Pinterest find. The dumplings are mushy so if you like hard dumplings not your recipe.

Couple chicken breasts, half onion chopped, 2 cans cream of chicken, 3 cups chicken broth. Put in crockpot for 5-6 hours on low. Pull out chicken shred. Put chicken back in.

1 can refrigerated biscuits. Cut dough into small pieces. Put in crockpot and make sure they get dunked. Cook another 30 mins. Stir it up it will break up dumplings and serve. You could add seasonings if you wanted.

Super easy and it's delicious.
  • Options
    Dinner: chicken piccata. My favorite chicken dish. Yum.
  • Options
    Dinner: we went out to our local family restaurant because we are lazy. I had curry chicken soup.

I love chicken. I like chicken casserole. Rice, chicken and veggies in a fish with a can of cream if mushroom soup.

Also lots of Indian dishes- chicken madras, butter chicken, curry chicken.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    CHILI!!!! >:)

• Options
    Dinner- grilled lean steak and sautéed spinach. Yay diet! Not

Chicken- crock pot with barbecue sauce. 4 hours on high. Shred with fork On top of rice is my favorite
    Tara
  • Options
    Chicken Parm is what's for dinner. My favorite chicken dish is probably any type of casserole or chicken and dumplings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Papa Johns, with giant cookie.  Yep, can you guess what chore hasn't been done lately (dishes, in case you were wondering)

• Options
    I made the ground turkey potato and peas recipe from skinnytaste

Our favorite chicken recipe is broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken, also from the skinnytaste website:
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options
    Ground turkey tacos tonight for dinner.

I love to do spicy chicken tacos with avocado. I just love tacos.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    A little late but I wasn't sure until I was in the kitchen. We had pesto tilapia with rice pilaf and green beans.

Favorite chicken dish is bacon wrapped chicken stuffed witch chives and cream cheese. So good. Haven't had it since LO was born though and now we're dairy free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • Options
    I made a ham, some potatoes with red green and yellow peppers and some green beans. Nbd.
  • Options
    We had soup and sandwiches. I've been obsessed with garlic bologna lately. So weird.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"