July 2012 Moms

MIL gems

Ok, if you have ever read any of my MIL posts, you know I'm dealing with a loon over here. Well, MIL and her friend just left after their visit this weekend and it went surprisingly decent. Most of our issues were laughable rather than maddening so I thought I'd share some of her funnier incidents rather than rant about her awfulness. Feel free to chime in with some laughable IL antics!

1. She wore these skin tight black leggings every single day and they were so worn on the butt that they were completely see-through! It was awful when she was crawling around on the floor with LO in NO UNDERWEAR! Her friend, Ann, let her know they were see-through and she responded that she didn't care, all you could see was crack and everyone has one. WTH!?!

2. She ate approx. 6 meals a day. She made me run to the store to buy a dozen donuts at 2pm one day and she ate 5 in one day. She stopped and got ribs to eat only 2 hours after we had a big lunch and 2 hours before we had dinner plans. She is a tall woman (6ft) and is not overweight, but was complaining about the 25 pounds she has recently gained all while eating us out of house and home!

3. I came out bra-less one morning and in a thin black Tshirt (my PJs) and she commented, in front of MH and Ann, that "I should go bra-less more often because it looks sexy". Ummmm....

4. She lays spread eagle with one leg propped up on the top cushions of the couch all.the.time. It is gross.

5. She constantly wipes her nose upwards into her hair while making this grotesque sniffling sound. Its the most barbaric thing ever. And she chews with her mouth open.

How is MH even remotely normal? I mean, this lady is just unreal.

Re: MIL gems

• Since I know what she looks/sounds like, I have the best visual and am about to pee laughing, especially after the nose wiping.  I still can't figure out how YH is related to her.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • Oh I have one more thing!

Yesterday afternoon I ran out to get garbage bags since we were out. She wanted to come with me and proceeded to buy all this crap that she "needed" because she was going to start the South Beach Diet that very day (less than 24 hours before going back home). Since they left early this morning, I now have a weeks worth of crap that neither MH or I will eat in my fridge and pantry. She also bought a huge tub of Cherry Garcia ice cream (which she knew MH and I don't like ) which sits unopened in my freezer.

• Loading the player...
  • Your MIL sounds like a real peach.
    I can't say my MIL has funny things like that, she is pretty much a redneck so that'll just say it all. The one thing about her that drives me BSC is more annoying then anything and that is she clearly favors my DSD over all of the other grandchildren. I hate going to Christmas there, I mean she gave DSD $200 cash, a book that she inscribed saying how she is the most beautiful granddaughter and no matter what she'll always be her #1, and real gold earrings with a matching necklace, I would say she spent $500 on her, meanwhile Ds got an Air hogs helicopter and dd got a hug me Elmo (that she hates), I had to hide it as she gets upset when she sees it. The other granddaughters that are sisters got a big toy to share (maybe $100 tops) and the other grandson got the same hug me Elmo. I know it sounds greedy but the part that drives me crazy is the inscription she never writes that to dd or the other granddaughters, the favoritism is very noticeable to everyone. Meanwhile my mom ensure she spends the same amount on everyone right down to the dollar.

testtestNatalie Marion

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm cracking up. She sounds like a version of Rosanne in my mind.

Hey! Don't disparage Roseanne like that!
  • Wow! You should write a book! This totally made me laugh. Please continue to tell us more funny stuff about this lady! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"