LGBT Parenting
Options

Pregnancy Check-in

How is your pregnancy going? Any updates? Remind us how far along you are and when your EDD is. ***QOTW: what are your hopes and dreams for what the new year will bring for you and your family?

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Pregnancy Check-in

• Options
    17w6d for me - EDD is 6/3/14. It's been a rough couple of days for me -- trip back from Boston was awful due to traffic, took almost 8 hours, and I had heartburn and strong round ligament pain the whole time. I think it was from all the sitting. We tried to stop a lot, but it didn't seem to help. We finally got home and discovered our furnace was broken and we had no heat. It was 44 degrees in our house. Super long story short we need a part for the furnace that had to be special ordered and is supposed to arrive today, so we haven't had heat since we got home on Friday night. We have a space heater and our gas fireplace works so we have been camped out in the family room with blankets. Too cold to get much accomplished at home other than hang out under blankets, but warm enough to stay here (we have been able to keep the temp in the family room above 60 during the day and above 50 at night with the help of the space heater and fireplace). On top of that, I have been very nauseous and throwing up since Saturday night. Last night was the most intense vomiting I have had all pregnancy. I just ate a plain bagel, and it am hoping it stays down because I am pretty sure nothing I have eaten the last 2-3 days has stuck. I am just thankful that I am still on vacation from work so I can be home for repair people and try to rest and feel better. My sleep schedule is all out of whack. I need to try to get back into a regular groove before I go back to work on Thursday. So, that's my update. Hoping my next one is more upbeat and positive. Going to work on that...

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    Good morning! 

I am 18w5d with boy/girl twins, EDD is 5/28.

I had my anatomy scan on 12/26, and my baby girl is doing well! My boy however is continuing to scare me all day everyday. He is looking ok, except he may have clubbed feet, and his chin looks small. So, in January we have an appt for a fetal echo-cardiogram, ultrasound, MRI, and a few sit downs with dr's to go over the results so we can really be sure we know what the heck is going on. I'm nervous as all get out, so any good thoughts/vibes/prayers you have- send them our way!!

In other news, I'm really trying to pack on the pounds since I really haven't gained any weight. My OB's aren't too concerned, but I'd really like to make sure I'm doing everything I can for the beans. I also have my second attempt at the 3 hour glucose test on friday- wish me luck that I don't barf that up all over the lobby floor this time! And that I pass with flying colors ;)

QOTW: I just want my babies to be born happy and healthy with minimal issues!

@kh826 - I hope you feel better soon- and that you can finally warm up a bit! :(
    image image 
    Mom to the Lil Man and the Lil' Lady born at 33wks1day 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello everyone!  I am super excited to finally be a part of the pregnancy check in.
    I will be 5 weeks tomorrow and we have our first ultrasound next week.
    So far I have had very sore breasts and they are growing at an alarming rate.  My wife is enjoying looking at them, but knows she can't touch ;-)
    I have been lucky to have no nausea so far, I am just waiting for it to start any day now.  
    My EDD is 9/3/14 according to my insemination date.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    12w1d! EDD 7/13/14

Feels like it's been years since I've had an u/s (in reality, it's been less than 3w) and I'm nervous about what's going on in there! Our NT scan and Mat21 test is in a little over a week, so at least we'll have more information then -- and hopefully see a healthy baby on the screen.

In other news, I made my first maternity purchase! I was browsing on Destination Maternity just to see what I liked -- I have gained some weight and my belly is bloated, but I don't really need maternity clothes yet -- and noticed yoga pants were buy one, get one 50% off. I'm planning on starting prenatal yoga in a couple of weeks and I am short on exercise clothes in general -- I only have one pair of comfortable non-pj pants that fit me right now -- so I went for it. Hopefully they fit!

I am also starting to look more at daycare facilities -- got a couple of recommendations today from local friends. My commute might change, though, and I either have to pick a place close enough to my house that it won't matter or figure the commute stuff out NOW so I can know what direction to go in with daycare. Bleh. Seems like a lot of work.

QOTW: Delivery of a healthy, happy full-term baby is enough for me.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    22 weeks & 6 days pregnant. EDD 4/29/14

I'm feeling great - heartburn here and there but otherwise pretty good. Love feeling baby kicking around. I now can see my belly move when he kicks.  We played the "flashlight" game the other night and it was so funny to see him "chasing" the beam of light and touching my belly where the light was shining through. I won't play too often because I don't want to disturb him but I love the interaction.
    I've been having dreams of having Owen here and nursing, and juggling my attention between my kids.  It's fun to think that we're only 4 months away from meeting our son.

QOTD: I have to echo @ball.and.chain and say a healthy baby born full term.  I'd like our family to get out of our financial slump. I'd love to find myself working successfully in (or out) of the home in 2014. And finally I'd love to be able to have a natural home birth, if possible.

@KH826 - hope your furnace gets fixed today and you spend the rest of your vacation cozy (and no longer nauseous)

@pinkspark - I hope the upcoming echo reveals everything is okay with your little boy.

@flygirl1228 - good luck on your upcoming u/s :-)  Seeing the bean for the first time is so amazing.

@trisholio - again welcome!!  Glad you are still feeling good, enjoy it in case it doesn't last ;-)

@ball.and.chain - welcome to the 2nd trimester.  Good luck on your search for the perfect daycare facility.
  • Options
    12w6d EDD July 7th

KH826 I'm so sorry to hear about your last few days. That happened to us once after spending almost 6 weeks in UT we got back to AR to find our heater didn't work and our poorly insulated rental was only 30°. It was miserable and I wasn't pregnant. I hope you all get it working today

Pinkspark I am also hoping for a reassuring scan with some answers for you. 

@trisholio my wife is the same way, she can't get over how massively huge my boobs are. She even said yesterday "I will never get used to looking at you and seeing huge boobs" I can't imagine what I'll do if they get any bigger

Jazibel the flashlight game sounds fun, I hadn't thought that the baby would interact that way but it makes sense. I can see this in our future at some point

Not much new here. We have our next midwife appt this Thursday where we'll get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It's hard not to worry that everything is okay in there so it will be nice to hear. A friend from grad school is planning a baby shower for us and I am so excited to see everyone. It's only been 1 1/2 years but I miss all my classmates sooo very much. I realized I am probably not getting nearly enough protein. We don't each much meat, it's so expensive to buy free range so we don't do it often. Anyone else having this problem? How do you get all your protein? 

Hopes for 2014, having an awesome homebirth and healthy baby. It's really unrealistic, but I am hopeful that my stepmom gets to meet the baby. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @redrockmama - I have a hard time getting in enough protein too, nuts, beans, nut butters, chia and even protein drinks are super helpful, aside from cheese and dairy :-). Hope you have a great appointment tomorrow :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi all! I'm 6w5d with a singleton and a EDD of 8/20/14.

@KH826 - ug, that car ride sounds terrible and how awful to get home to no heat! Our house is always freezing with the heat on and I hate being cold! Hope it resolves soon.

@pinkspark - how scary for your little boy! I hope the additional testing arms you with the information you need, and of course i hope he is 100% ok.

@flygirl1228 - can't wait for your first u/s!!!.

@trisholio - Yay! J has a strict "no touchy" rule with the boobs too!

ball.and.chain - Can't wait until the 8th for a update from the ute-cam!

AFM, I posted last week we had our initial MFM appointment at 6w1d. Christmas was a great distraction but all I could think about was our appointment the next morning! Baby measured 6w and had a hb of 100. This LO seems about 1 day behind our fresh transfer a year ago - from betas to these initial measurements. Our last one measured 6w1d and had a hb of 111. Negligible difference. And, the frozen transfers can take an extra day to implant.

Well today we moved up our u/s with our RE (from tomorrow - J was having trouble getting the time off and today was off all day). Baby measured 6w5d and had a hb of 120 and grew 4mm from last Thursday! Woo-hoo! I also ran into our RE and got to thank her and hug her (twice). :) She said "I don't want to see you again until you're ready to have another baby! But please keep in touch of course :)."

I suppose my big news is that I started my Lovenox injections. At my MFM appt, the doctor revisited the whole treatment with us and again outlined the risks and benefits. It was confusing for us but we decided our approach to this pregnancy is to throw the kitchen sink at it, so I started shots this week. So far, so good. They aren't as bad as I feared (the needle is similar to the ones I used for Lupron, or like a diabetic insulin needle). It's subcutaneous and not intramuscular. The medicine burns a little but not horrendously. Thank god for insurance - this stuff is $1,100 a month so we'll feel that a bit as I re-meet my deductible in 2014, but a live, healthy baby? Priceless. Also I found a "Lovely Lovenox Ladies" board on babycenter dot com and it's pretty active, which has been a fantastic resource!

I was reflecting on going to an MFM for this pregnancy and noticed that they are a bit doomsday there! For example, my RE calls the u/s a "growth scan" after the initial one for hb verification; the MFM calls it a "viability ultrasound" which I have one this Friday and one on the 15th. She also scheduled my NT scan at 11w "I want you to have time to make any difficult decisions, if we wait until closer to 13w that window closes"...Yikes. I think I like the positive talk better...but then again, this is why we're at an MFM I guess.

Still feeling pretty much fine, a few waves of nausea but honestly my boobs hurt less than last year, and so far, I'm not as tired either. So far. :)

QOTW: Oh just please please a healthy full-term baby and healthy mom!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    KH826 said:
    How is your pregnancy going? Pregnancy seems fine, however, I have some variant of the plague, so I'm going to the doctor later this morning.

Any updates? First midwife visit is 1/8.  I am so bloated I look 5 months pregnant some days!

Remind us how far along you are and when your EDD is. 8 weeks, 6 days.  EDD Aug. 6th.

***QOTW: what are your hopes and dreams for what the new year will bring for you and your family? Mainly just financial stability and a healthy baby.

Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"