Single Parents
Options

Child support question..

After filing, how long did it take for action to be taken? Did your child's father cooperate? Stories please...

I just filed a few weeks ago

Re: Child support question..

• Options
    Hi!
    Unfortunately it will take a while. I filled in February 2013 for an annulment and paternity case and we don't even have a court date until February 13, 2014. Good luck!
  • Options
    I filed a month after LO was born so.. July 2013 and we have a hearing next month .... And BD is trying to get me to work it out of court... So we will see if he shows up for the hearing ...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I filed when I hit 20 weeks, as soon as my due date past, they sent a letter asking for all of the info for the baby. We had a child support conference within a month of submitting that paperwork.

• Options
    I filed a week after DD was born so figure April 1, 2013.  In Michigan it used to start with the Prosecutor's Office but sometime during the process it got kicked over to Friend of the Court and no one told me.  We have a conference with the judge on Jan 22. and I will be asking for support going back to when DD was born. It is taking forever.
  • Options
    Update..

I called to check the status of the case. It's "in paternity". Waiting on him to decide if he wants to put his name on her birth certificate or if he wants to request DNA. ignore it and the prosecuting attorney gets involved. he's tried to ignore everything else. ignore this....
  • Options
    Do you have to give baby, fathers last name to file? Don't really think he deserves any recognition!
  • Options
    I don't believe so
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah, ds has my last name and i was able to file for child support
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"