Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If you had an Amazon registry

what was your experience?  I've been told that people dont like to shop on-line for baby items.

Re: If you had an Amazon registry

• Options
    I made an amazon registry for myself bc items were much cheaper than buybuybaby and Galt baby so I purchased the left overs on amazon with the completion discount.
    Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• Options

I liked Amazon because it had the universal feature that allowed me to add things from anywhere as well as amazon.  I used it as a checklist for what I needed to get also and used the discount.  As Cbowl says, most things are cheaper on Amazon. 

To me, if someone saw it in store and wanted to buy it there, they could. A few people did that. For me it was an easy, convenient way to list the things needed, rather than having 2+ registries and trying to keep track of it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Virtually everything on my Amazon registry was purchased. I have Prime, too, so I used it to buy stuff on my own, too. It's been a great way to keep track of things and everything is significantly cheaper than Target. I hate BRU with a passion.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    We have a lot of family who live across the country, they all sent items from Amazon. Most of the local family purchased from our BRU registry.
  • Options
    I did not recieve one thing from my amazon registry. Everything was from BRU. I also didn't realize that the 10% registry discount ends before your due date, so I received no discount :(
  • Options
    We live across the country from both of our families, so Amazon worked great for us. Many people were able to ship for free, which was great. We also were able to add from a wider variety of products, so we could be pickier with brands/ styles/ colors that we wanted, rather than trying to work with a particular store's stock list
  • Options
    Amazon was great because of the massive selection. You can get virtually anything there - sometimes stores are out of particular sizes, colors etc. For me, it was also a plus bc of free shipping (and no sales tax too!). I am not at "home" at the moment, so it allowed friends and family back home to purchase and have gifts shipped to me for a lower cost. Also prices on Amazon tend to be much lower than in my local market, so was good for me to order items as well.

BabyGaga

• Options
    I did babies r us and target. Most people I know don't plan far enough in advance to order gift off the internet, and both target and babies.r.us price match amazon, diapers.com, and a few other places so it's a win win - instant gratification of walking out with item, online price. We used it for the larger items (stroller, car seat, swing, baby carrier, etc)
  • Options
    I did not recieve one thing from my amazon registry. Everything was from BRU. I also didn't realize that the 10% registry discount ends before your due date, so I received no discount :(
    My discount is still active and my LO is 9 weeks old, but I am also 100% positive if you called Amazon and explained, they'd reactivate your discount.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • Options
    I used amazon for almost all. I waited for Black Friday / cyber Monday to get the deals and used the discount of 15% by having amazon mom. By that time DS was around 7 weeks so we knew what we wanted and bought whatever else he would need until he's 1.
  • Options
    I only had amazon registry , never even registered at regular stores. Almost everyone shopped from the registry. I'd say about 85-90% of people.
  • Options
    I used amazon and target. I got more things from my amazon registry by about 3x than my target one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Options
    I used amazon and target. I got more things from my amazon registry by about 3x than my target one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I had the opposite experience. I had registries with Amazon and Target and only 3 people bought off of Amazon, while almost everything was purchased off the Target registry and many people shopped at Target for clothes we didn't even want or need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"