September 2013 Moms
Options

This is an old article, please disregard. I can't delete the post.

amandalt823amandalt823 member
edited December 2013 in September 2013 Moms

Just wanted to share

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/45762595/ns/health-childrens_health/t/more-retailers-pull-formula-after-babys-death/

More retailers pull formula after baby's death

By ALAN SCHER ZAGIER

The Associated Press

COLUMBIA, Mo. — Several more national retailers have joined Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in pulling a batch of powdered infant formula from their shelves after a Missouri newborn who consumed it apparently died of a rare bacterial infection, the companies said Friday.

Officials at Supervalu Inc., Walgreen Co., Kroger Co. and Safeway said they have removed 12.5-ounce cans of Enfamil Newborn with the lot number ZP1K7G from various stores across the country as a precaution until federal health officials complete tests on the formula.

Ten-day-old Avery Cornett died Sunday after getting sick several days earlier in the southern Missouri town of Lebanon. Preliminary hospital tests indicated he died of a rare infection caused by bacteria known as Cronobacter sakazakii.

AP

Avery Cornett of Lebanon, Mo., was 10 days old when he died Dec. 18, 2011.

The source of the bacteria that caused the infection hasn't been determined, but it can be found in dried milk and powdered formula as well as naturally in the environment and in plants such as wheat and rice.

"Out of an abundance of caution, we are removing the formula from certain stores," SuperValu spokesman Mike Siemienas said Friday. "We will hold these products from sale until we receive additional guidance from regulatory authorities and the manufacturer." 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: This is an old article, please disregard. I can't delete the post.

• Options
    I read that too, on August's BMB. Someone pointed out, and you can see if you go to the source, that it was written in 2011. Good to share, and incredibly sad for the poor parents --I couldn't even imagine--but hopefully not an issue anymore.
  • Options
    amandalt823amandalt823 member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you - I didn't realize it was old. My husband sent it to me. I should have checked my source  :|
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The first time I read it, I don't think I would have noticed it either --like I said, some of the August ladies pointed it out! Still good to share, though. I suppose if it happened once, there's nothing to say it couldn't happen again. Hopefully it's a rare thing :/
  • Options
    You should probably edit the op so people don't start freaking out. We all know people read the op but not the comments.
  • Options
    Yeah... I think you need to edit your post to avoid confusion/panic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"