LGBT Parenting

TTC Check-In

Good morning!

How is your TTC journey progressing? Where are you at in the process?

QOTW: What are you looking forward to the most for 2014?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check-In

• I'm on CD 8. I have been doing Gonal-F injects of 150 units since Christmas evening. We go up tomorrow morning for an u/s and more blood work. I will call in tomorrow afternoon for my next set of instructions. I imagine IUI #4 will be on or before this weekend.

I am already anxious this cycle. I have been since CD 1. I imagine this TWW will be the worst of all so far. I'm not sure what I'm going to do to get through it without going crazy, but I need to make a plan. I am placing so much hope on this cycle, and I know that isn't a good thing.

QOTW: I know this is probably not the best thing to pick to look forward to; however, I am most looking forward to being pregnant; having a healthy pregnancy; and, brining a healthy baby into the world. That is my goal for 2014 and I know that it is very much beyond our control. I'm still hoping anyway.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• How is your TTC journey progressing? Where are you at in the process? 

I am currently on CD 2. So we are starting over again. I have to go in tomorrow am at 7:30 for a blood test (I guess just so the Dr can CYA before starting femara again). Then we have an acupuncture appointment on the 3rd and massage appointment every Friday starting on the 10th. We are doing what we can to relax and move forward. We also told everyone we are taking a break, thinking that maybe this would take off some stress, but I hate lying.

QOTW: What are you looking forward to the most for 2014?

Is saying "getting pregnant" too obvious?? I also look forward to planning a cruise with the wife (maybe), enjoying the daily's with my wife (everday is just as important as big moments), and possibly entering into a new position within the next year!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• Loading the player...
  • @shelly2314 - Sorry to see that you're back here with us. I hope that your relaxation plans are helpful. After our third cycle didn't work, I told several people we were done for a bit. It wasn't a lie because we really were so that I could have surgery. It can be a little overwhelming to have to tell oodles of folks that it didn't work. Ultimately, you need to do what is best for you.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Hello friends. I'm CD 59. This is my longest cycle to date, but FF did finally give me crosshairs a week ago when my temp decided to rise. I'm thrilled with this because despite the fact that it is my longest cycle, it means that I ovulated and the end is near. My acupuncturist was pleased with this and we will be continuing with the treatment and herbs I am getting now. 

Regardless of when CD 1 arrives, I will be able to go get all of my blood work at the RE's office as well as other testing, and it will be covered by my insurance. 

We'll be trying again with the next cycle. I'm still reducing carbs and sugar and have lost 4.5 so far. :) 

QOTW: I'm looking forward to potentially starting our own family, creating our own traditions and just enjoying our lives. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• How is your TTC journey progressing? Where are you at in the process? Currently CD 12 of cycle two. Not changing a whole lot about this cycle except I've added one cup of organic green tea each day. It may not help...but it can't hurt! Trying for ED insemination with our known donor once the FW signs are there .... Probably next weekend! I'm excited to try this again :) QOTW: What are you looking forward to the most for 2014? Obviously the baby thing. :) We are also looking at buying our first home which is terribly exciting!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"