1st Trimester
Options

This might be a weird question

If you get up to pee right after sex is there less of a chance of getting pregnant?  Also, if you are on top does that also decrease the chance of getting pregnant?

If you are willing to share, did you pee right after you had sex and what position were you doing it in the cycle you got your BFP?

Re: This might be a weird question

• Options

please tell me this is MUD

• Options
    No and no.

Any sperm that are worth it are going to make it up the vagina regardless of position and how quickly you get up. The force of ejaculation ensures it.
    That's what I thought, but some friends where saying their OBs said to lay there for at least 20 minutes. I always get up to avoid UTI so that sounded odd to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Girl on top, peed right after, had sex one time 4 days before ovulation (I was temping) and now I'm pregnant.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nope and nope. I always pee right after sex. We have sex all kinds of ways so I couldn't really tell you what position we were in when we conceived.
  • Options
    Nope and nope
  • Options
    No and no.

Laying there may help since it will give the semen more time to travel further inside you. You can always lay there for 15-20 min and then get up to pee.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    No and no.

Laying there may help since it will give the semen more time to travel further inside you. You can always lay there for 15-20 min and then get up to pee.

A
    This is outdated information. Sperm shoots for a reason, anything useful is already up where it needs to be. Waiting to pee won't do anything but increase your risk of a UTI.
  • Options
    I've had a UTI once and it was terrible, so I always pee right after sex.  The cycle we got our BFP I peed right after sex as usual and I'm pretty sure we did boring ol' missionary because it was after Thanksgiving dinner and I was exhausted and super full.  
    Don't over think it! Just have sex during your FW in whatever way you enjoy the most. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It doesn't matter.  I always pee after sex because I'm really prone to UTIs if I don't.  
    Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married 08/11/12 & TTC Since 10/13
    Previous Endo and Ovarian Cyst DX 
    March 2010: Lap. Surgery & D&C--removed 2 cysts 
    BFP: 12/20/2013 EDD: 09/03/2014 
    Travis Karel arrived on 08/21/2014 at 38w1d.
    BFP #2!  Travis is getting a sibling!
    EDD: 1/24/2017

Mama to my two furbabies Sam and Phoenix

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"