June 2013 Moms

how much does your LO eat?

DH is thinking over the last few days we've given her a little too much to eat.

she normally gets 25-30 oz a day (shes been formula fed for a month now), either 5-6oz bottles, and about a jar of baby food (3.5 oz) and anywhere from 3-5 tablespoons of cereal. 

I know this is probably been asked before, but I just want to see what the norm is. 

Thanks all

image image
imageimage

Re: how much does your LO eat?

• LO eats 4 oz  every 2 to 3 hours and 1 - 6 oz bottle before bed. If he eats more than 4 oz at a time he tends to throw up a lot more. so probably around 22-24 oz a day.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• LO has 3 6 oz bottles every 4 hours and then an 8 oz bottle at bedtime. He gets oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, a veggie and fruit for dinner, and now we're working in a lunch feeding.
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LO eats 4 oz  every 2 to 3 hours and 1 - 6 oz bottle before bed. If he eats more than 4 oz at a time he tends to throw up a lot more. so probably around 22-24 oz a day.

Similar here. LO eats 5 3.5-4 oz bottles which are 1/2 breast milk and 1/2 formula, bedtime bottle is 6 oz formula. Each is thickened with cereal (for reflux). Also, 1 container baby food and 2-3 Tbsp oatmeal during the day. We just started on solids.
  • 6-7 oz every 4 hrs and 2 meals a day. But no MOTN feeding.
  • At school he gets 3 6oz bottles and at home he nurses as many as 4 times. We are re-starting solids next week, hopefully his tummy can handle it this time!
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • She nurses every 3-4 hrs, typically ends up being 5x a day. When I'm in the office she nurses when she wakes up, eats about 4-6 oz 3x while I'm away, and then nurses before bed. No MOTN feeding. We haven't started solids yet; she is 6 mos this Sat so we're planning on starting this week.
  • He usually drink 4 to 5: 6oz bottles. He eats about a half ounce of oatmeal in the am and a veggie and fruit mix at dinner.
  • About 4 5 oz bottles and then a shitton of solids.  Oatmeal with 2oz formula and an ice cube of fruit for breakfast, 4 ice cubes of fruit and/or veggies for lunch and dinner varies but can be as much as 2 stage two containers of veggies/fruits/meat thing.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• CL8badB said:

Js still BFing so i really cant say how many oz hes getting. In the morning i give him oatmeal followed by a fruit. In the afternoon he gets a veggie and then more oatmeal later on. I nurse him throughout the day and before each "meal".

+1
  • elmoali said:
    About 4 5 oz bottles and then a shitton of solids.  Oatmeal with 2oz formula and an ice cube of fruit for breakfast, 4 ice cubes of fruit and/or veggies for lunch and dinner varies but can be as much as 2 stage two containers of veggies/fruits/meat thing.

You would think your little man would be a moose (@wasnotwas, thanks for that) with that much solids. :P
    You'd think so, right?  But he's just under 15.5 pounds.  Both my kids have some super human metabolism that they did not get from me.  I actually asked the doctor about how much he was eating because obviously I know that his bottles are most important but if we don't give the solids,  he doesn't drink more (maybe an ounce or two that we make up for by mixing it with cereal).  So she said if he isn't making up for it with more bottles, we're better off letting him eat lol
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• My kid is a moose. He drinks 5oz bottles or nurses every two hours and stretches to 3 hours at 9ish, midnight, 3am and then back to 5am, 7, etc. he gets fruit and oatmeal in the morning and veggie and oatmeal in the evening. He likes milk more than solids right now.

• If I am home, he breastfeeds all day so I am not sure how many oz. If he is at my mom, he probably has 4-5oz bottles. He gets oatmeal and fruit in the morning, something similar for lunch and 2 of the bigger puree cups for dinner.
  • My LO eats 4 7oz bottles throughout the day and a 4oz bottle while being rocked to sleep. She eats 2 meals a day, breakfast and dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"